Part 16

Astrid's PoV

I didn't go to school today, Dad called the school to tell about our situation last night. I'm sitting in the van with Axcel on my lap, playing with a chew toy.

We're heading to Luna Corp. right now. Mom wouldn't wanna risk us staying at home, not when they're at work so she called me right after breakfast to head straight there. Abuelo's out of town gladly, he's out of harm's way, I think, but when he found out about what happened he's coming home immediately.

We finally arrived, I took my baby brother in my arms and head inside with a maid following behind us carrying Aciel's and a little of my stuff.
We rode the elevator to the floor where Mom's and Dad's office is and we saw them there and I'm surprised Abuelo is already there, probably scolding them.

I waited outside to calm them before I knock on the door and come in with Axcel.

Abuelo then pull us in a tight embrace, kissing our foreheads full of worry. "Are you alright my grandchildren?"

"We're fine Abuelo." I reply and hugged him back.

Abuelo told us that he'll be taking us to the Villa after his office hours, we'll be staying there for now since he have more security to keep in watch for any threats. I wouldn't have to go to school for a week, and just stay there with Axcel. Aciel's gonna be in patrol every night and will be staying with Mom and Dad at the Manor for two days before joining us at the Villa.

In the meantime, Axcel and I are in our own room in the building. Yes, we have our own room here, we can sleep, play, and eat in here. Mom really wanted us close to her watch when Aciel and I are still little so she hired a designer to make this extra room to be our personal space.

Axcel's still asleep so I decided to play games on my phone. A little Mobile Legends won't hurt to pass the time.

I was in the middle of a good game when a call suddenly interrupted me. It's from Hiccup.

I quickly answered the call, but before I could speak his worried voice came booming from the speakers.

[Astrid! Are you alright?? Where are you? Why didn't you come to school today?]

"Ouch. My ear. You're too loud."

[Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I'm just worried about you.]

He's worried about me??

My heart suddenly started to quicken inside of me.

Keep your cool Astrid.

"Oh, thanks for the concern. I'm fine actually. Something just came up that's why I'm not in school today."

[Oh okay. I thought at first something happened to you.]

I

guess Elsa didn't told him what happened last night.
Our conversation didn't last long since he still have classes, but he promised to call me after classes.

We both hung up, just in time for Aciel to arrive with ordered food from fast food.

"Sorry, this is all I have for us." He says, sitting next to me and distributed the food.

"It's fine, I'm a bit on the appetite for burgers right now." I say.

He smiled, "Gladly I ordered your favorite." He handed me a rectangular box where inside are two large super cheesy bacon and beef burgers.

"You're the best." I hugged my big brother and dig in to my burgers.

He volunteer to feed Axcel his baby food while I finish eating. Aciel left after lunch since he has some work to do, Axcel is blabbing so much that it makes me laugh he's all "dadadadaptiptiptiyayayaaaa" on a toy wolf.

It's like he's yelling how he likes the wolf toy but in baby babbling.

"You'll talk soon." I say while trying not to squeeze this little guy because he makes me want to.

Abuelo's finally done with his office hours and we're heading now to the Villa. It wasn't a long ride because Abuelo's telling me stories about his teenage years, doing patrols, going on fights with outsiders and earning his title as head of the Pack. He even told me how Dad got his position, and it was hilarious!

The Villa is small village-like inside Abuelo's property in an isolated place near the woods guarded with hundreds of men. There are only a few maids in the place but they accompanied us into a vintage-like room on the second floor next to Abuelo's room. I chose to have Axcel with me to keep a close eye on him, Mom will kill me if I leave my eye away from him even for just a minute.

Our maid had a spare room across ours and she helps the other maids with the house work while I relax in my room, listening to Axcel's endless babbles.

I'm exhausted, it's still early and my body's out of energy. Maybe it's the effect of not having good night's rest last night, who would even sleep after that situation, plus, I'm taking care of a baby which is not an easy job. I swear I'm not gonna have any kids in the future, Alpha work is not easy already, and being a parent is much extra work.

I was about to doze off when I heard a knock on the door.

"Young Lady, someone is downstairs to visit you." A maid's voice said from outside.

Visit? Already?

I carry Axcel in my arms and followed the maid downstairs to the lobby. There, sitting on a round couch a boy in a uniform.

Just as I was about to approach him, he stands up and faces me with a big smile on his face.

I froze from my tracks.

What the hell??

"Hello Astrid, glad to see me?"

"I was never glad to see you, Sian."