Part 18

Hiccup's PoV

It's the last subject of the day and I feel like the time is running slow. I look at the clock and it's still 3:30 in the afternoon.
I guess time does goes by slowly when you're in your least favorite subject.

"Ugh! This subject is killing my brain." Merida quietly complain.

"You don't have a brain." Jack insulted with a snicker.

Merida gives him a deadly look and mouthed the words "I will kill you after this class" to him and Jack just quietly chuckles.

I'm still not used to them, I'm still adjusting especially now that we're on the same classes, I would be an outcast if it weren't for Astrid who introduced me to them. I never had real friends, all I had back then were gold diggers who only ask me for something they want. Now, that Astrid accepted me in her pack, I think I found people I could call friends.

Speaking of Astrid, I'm a little worried. She seems fine when we were talking on the phone, but I could feel something is up. None of the guys wanted to tell me or none of them know what's wrong.

My instincts just tell me that Astrid is in some bad situation right now.

Classes ended (finally) and I'm walking down the halls with my friends on the way out. I was checking my phone if ever Astrid left me a message and there weren't any. Guess she's busy to even drop a message.

"So Hiccup, you and I will be at the West Gate tonight, okay?" Jack slung his arm over my shoulder.

"Sure, no problem with that." I say making a fist bump with him.

"Alright guys, see you tonight then, be on time at the headquarters." Elsa says and get get on her shiny blue big bike.

The others get on their wheels and left the campus grounds. I took out my keys and god in my newly remodeled Lamborghini, just got it from the shop this morning and I wanted to brag it to Astrid but when I found out she wasn't coming to school today, guess my surprise will have to postpone.

I turn on the stereo and listen to Brockhampton's Sugar. I need to go to Dr. Kim's clinic first before I go home, I need to have my check ups of the week.

When I arrive at his clinic, I found him talking on the phone with a worried expression on his face.

"Alright then, I'll see you on the weekend." He says before hanging up and faces me.

"Right, we're not going to have any injections or x-rays today, I want you to listen to me." The doctor says in a serious tone.

I felt a little worried because he isn't usually like this, meaning this is something very serious. "Hiccup, I know you've been experiencing something weird in your body right now, and your scent is getting stronger and stronger because of your hormones."

He took out a folder and showed me a page of my recent test results.

"You're on the stage where you are looking for a mate. In your case you shouldn't be the one looking for a mate because you are an Omega." He says. "And mating is nearing you now, and your hormones are very active, your scent is twice the attractive as it already is for Alphas."

"And you want me to...?"

"And I want you to be extra careful, mating season is coming and we don't know when your hormones will be at it's peak, you have to stay away from Alphas as much as possible, and if you could, avoid making contact with any Alpha." He says.

"I see." I say. "But, how can I avoid keeping contact with Alphas if most of my friends are Alphas? Especially Astrid, and students in school will be around me all the time."