Part 31 (short)

Astrid's PoV

I stare at outside the window as I cover myself with a blanket. The rain is falling hard from the sky today that I can't clearly see what's outside.

"It's gonna be a storm outside." Aciel say when he entered my room with damp hair.

"No doubt." I say. "It's gonna be a cold day."

Aciel sits down across me and copies the way I sit. "Did you tell Abuelo?" He ask.

"Didn't get to have the chance." I say.

"Well, it's still early to tell anyway, we still don't know if that's gonna last." Aciel say.

"I don't know." I say. "But I'm gonna enjoy it until it lasts."

"Just make sure I won't be an uncle very early, I don't think two babies in one house is a good idea." He say, glancing over to Axcel who's sleeping in his crib.

I chuckle, "The heck with that idea, I'm not ready for that."

Aciel shrugs. "Just saying, you and Hiccup seemed to be enjoying each other too much."

I roll my eyes at him.
That's kind of a silly thought. Hiccup and I might've enjoyed those nights but we're not too fond of each other to not stand being away from each other. Besides, we have priorities than just ourselves.
We have confirmed three days ago what our relationship is, but the only people who knows are Aciel, Elsa, and Jack. Yes, the blabber mouth Jack figured out, but he pledged that he won't tell anyone not until I tell my parents.

"Three months."

I look at Aciel who's looking at the calendar on my bedside table. It's already August and three months from now I'll be under the Counsil's phase of eligibility, whether I'm eligible to inherit the position as the next Alpha or should it be passed down to another hybrid who's eligible.

"Better tell Mom and Dad." Aciel say.

"Soon, I will." I say and rest my head on the glass of the window.

Aciel mess my hair before walking out of the door leaving me in the silence of my room. I better indulge myself with this til it lasts because once Axcel wakes up it'll be endless hours of playtime until he's tired again.

I felt something buzzing on my hip. I reach for it and felt my phone buzzing inside my shorts pocket. I take it out and look at the screen.

Hiccup calling

I

quickly answered the call. "Hello?"

"Hey, just wanna check on you, Aciel texted me that you don't look so cheerful today, something up?" Hiccup say in a very sincere tone.

"I'm fine, don't mind what Aciel said, I was just blending with the rain." I say, watching a streak of water fall on the glass window.

"Oh okay, I thought something is going on." Hiccup say. "If you have problems tell me okay?"

"Babe don't worry I'm fine, I'm always fine." I say with a chuckle.

"Fine, fine, I'm just making sure you're okay."

"Talking to you is already making me feel less gloomy." I said.

"Aha! So something really is up, spill it."

I roll my eyes. This guy never gives up. "It's nothing you should worry, just some family things that's all."

"Hmm...okay. I'm coming over."