Part 30

Astrid's PoV

After what happened to me a few days ago, my parents and Abuelo forbade me for going out on patrols until I become healthier. They're monitoring my eating and would eventually check my diet if it's good enough to eat.

I feel like a prisoner in the Villa that every time I do something they would report it to Abuelo.

Hiccup's been ignoring my calls and not replying to my texts. Elsa told me he would sometimes skip patrol duty and look like he wasn't himself lately.
I figured that this is about what I said back at the hospital and I felt guilty for making him feel that way.
If only I could find a way to get out of here even for just once and go see him and tell him that what I said was a lie, that I know what I have for him.

"Come on Hiccup pick up." I say while trying to call him again.

But then again he didn't.

"Still not picking up?" Aciel ask when he enters my room with Axcel.

"No." I say with a sigh.

"Man, he's really upset." Aciel say.

"I have to see him Hermano, I have to clear things up between us." I say in frustration, falling on to my bed with a sigh.

"I could ask Abuelo to let you out if you want." Aciel say.

"He wouldn't allow it." I say.

"Then why don't you escape then?"

I glared at him for his stupid idea. Even if I wanted to I can't disobey Abuelo or our parents.

"Ugh! This is frustrating!" I cover my face with a pillow, screaming on to it from the top of my lungs.

What's even more frustrating is that I'm leaving my pack out there without an Alpha to lead them. I've been into so much trouble lately that my pack is getting affected by all this!

"I have to go out on patrol m, can't leave my pack on their own." I say.

"Maybe your pack needs to take a break, my pack can take over while you're still not allowed to go out." Aciel say.

I sigh. As much as I hate to leave our responsibility but I have to make sure my pack's safety. "Fine." I sigh. "I trust you."

"Good, and while you're on break think of a way to make amends with your lover." Aciel say, putting our youngest brother in his crib who is already fast asleep.

Aciel smiles at me before leaving my room and begin his patrol.

I tried to call Hiccup again but it just went to voicemail.

"Hey Hiccup, I know you're upset with me, but please do pick up. I need to tell you something and I want to say I'm sorry. Call me whenever you feel like it." I say into the voicemail and ended the call.

I hate this feeling. This is why I don't like falling in love, I don't like having this feeling inside, the frustration, the worrying, the sadness, I don't like it. But no matter how I try to set these feelings aside I'm still powerless against it.

Hiccup's PoV

Astrid left another missed call for what I think is a hundredth time.
I've been ignoring her since that day, I'm a bit upset, yes, but there's another reason why I can't get back to her.

My Omega instincts have been kicking out of me even more, and if I will hear or get near any Alpha my sexual desires might get active.
Dr. Kim's been advising me not to get out often and would take my medicine until this phase will be gone. It has been like this year after year after I reached the stage where sexual attraction is active in a hybrid's body. Most Omegas experience this kind of situation while some are able to control themselves.