Part 13

Hiccup's PoV

I'm sitting in the classroom while tapping my fingers on my table. I'm waiting for the bell to ring for classes to start but it's still too early.

I look around the classroom to see only a few of my classmates are here. I wonder where Astrid is, it's getting a bit boring here.

"Hey Hiccup." And it looks like my prayers have been answered.

Astrid is finally here. But instead of seeing her usually glowing face I could tell her smile is fake, and worry is in her eyes. I wonder what's up.

"Uh...hey, Astrid." I said. "You okay?"

She smiles even wider, "Yeah, why do you ask?"

"Well, you don't look like it." I said.

"I'm just a little tired but I'm fine, I'll just have a nap later." She said and sits down next to me.

I don't know why but my mood is changing,  my shoulders felt like a heavy weight is pressed on me, I don't feel okay, I feel worried.

I look at Astrid who has her head rested on her arms that are on the table and her eyes are closed. Even if she doesn't say it I could feel she has something bothering in her head right now. But why am I feeling it too?

Minutes passed and the bell rang, all pf our classmates are here and Astrid is still asleep, she must be really tired, she just used almost half of her energy last night fighting trespassers, we had a plenty last night and it was a bit tricky battle.

Dr. Kim still hasn't arrived. I heard from my classmates who are talking at the back that the doctor might not be around today because of some important matters, which means no class until 2 pm today.

"Is Mr. Kim here yet?" Astrid asked in a sleepy voice.

"I don't think he'll be around today." I said.

"Oh, okay." She said squinting her eyes. "Can you come with me to the cafeteria? I wanna grab something to eat, I didn't have breakfast."

"Oh, sure." I said.

Slinging our bags over our shoulder we head to the cafeteria. Even I don't have any breakfast in fear of being late but turns out the teacher wouldn't be showing up today, I wonder what's up?

As we go down the grand steps, I saw a familiar person heading up with his gaze on his feet, it's Sian.

He look up and saw us, "Good morning, Astrid." He greeted.

Astrid didn't bother replying or even look at him and just went pass by him. Wow, Astrid can really ignore people, maybe this is what True Alphas are, they are full of pride and never bother to look at people who she doesn't want to have any connection to. But their treatment for each other made me curious even more about what Sian did in the past that really affected their relationship (if they had any).

Sian look at me and a gave me a small smile and a nod, and I did the same.

We arrive in the cafeteria where no one is inside, we head to the counter to order sandwiches and orange juice, we sit at a long table and eat.

Astrid is quiet and is staring into space deep in thought. This is getting bothersome. "Astrid are you sure you're okay?" I ask her breaking the silence between us.

She snap back to reality and look at me with raised brows. "What? What did you say?"

'You seem to be too occupied, did something happened? Is it about Sian?" I ask.

"Why would I worry about that jerk?" She scoffed. "And no, I'm not thinking about something, I'm just tired that's all."

"You sure? You can tell me anything if you want to, I won't tell anyone." I said.