Part 5

Hiccup's PoV

I woke up around 10:45 p.m. from the sound of the tree branch tapping on my window because of the strong gust of wind.
It's still early for me to go out for patrol but I choose to go out anyway.

I put on a pair of jogger pants, black sleeveless undershirt and red hoodie, I put on red Michael Jordans. I went out using the window, jumping to the branch of the tree and climb down easily, I jump over the gate and run down the sidewalk to North Point where I'll meet up with Astrid.

While on the way, I couldn't get this feeling off me that there's someone watching me, I casually look around but I don't see anyone strange. I pick up my pace just to get rid of the feeling until I reach the North Point entrance.

As I was about to head to the base, I heard faint sounds of groans and thuds not just far away, I quickly run to where the sound is and there I saw Astrid fighting off four trespassers with ease. She jabbed on two of her enemies, throwing them both on a wall like she's throwing sticks, made a back flip when one enemy attacked her with a dagger, on her last swing she kicked the weapon off her enemy's hand and gave him a blow on the jaw knocking him out. The last enemy was easily knocked down with just one hit on the back of his neck.

I stood there in awe. Astrid slowly got up on her feet without a sweat falling from her face she turn to me like nothing happened and an angelic smile on her face.

Badump! Badump!

Wow. Is all I could think about at the moment. I can't believe the girl who's taking down the trespassers is this smiling angel in front of me.

"Hiccup, are you okay?" I snap back to reality when Astrid shook me.

"Huh? Oh uh...yeah I'm fine." I stammered.

"Oh good, for a second I thought you weren't." She sighed in relief.

"You were amazing back there." I said in pure awe.

Astrid smiled, "Thanks."

"You really knocked them out with ease." I said looking at the four enemies she just took down. This girl is a monster, but in a good way, no doubt she's a True Alpha, with that strength she could kill them if she want to.

"The more the heating season is getting nearer the more trespassers we encounter." She said.

"Yeah, the season is really getting dangerous for Omegas." I said as I pick up two of the unconscious men on my shoulders.

"And the more difficult for us to hold them back." She pick up the other two and we head to dump them outside the border gates.

We began our patrol, it's a good thing I decided to go out early or I wouldn't witness how amazing Astrid is with her fighting skills. Okay I'm being a blabber mouth now, it's just that I'm very much in awe with her.

"Hey Astrid could you teach me with your fighting moves?" I ask.

"Sure." She said with a smile.

Just like the other night Astrid and I went around North Point, we don't encounter more trespassers but we hadn't stopped until dawn came, while on patrol we don't really talked much but we somehow communicate from time to time when we felt an awkward air cross us.

We're now sitting above a roof deck of a tall building watching the city down below under the dawn. I couldn't help but glance at her from time to time, she looks very pretty with her blonde hair down, it looks like she had make up on but there isn't, such natural beauty.

Okay, I'm too attracted to Astrid I'm not thinking straight about our mission right now.

"The sun's rising." Astrid said.

"Yeah." I nod.

"We should head home now." Astrid said.

As much as I don't want to go yet I have to, my medicine will wore off soon and I need to inject myself another dose.

We both got up and look at each other, "Thanks for the company." She held out her hand for a handshake, I took it and felt her soft hand pressed on mine.

Badump! Badump! Badump!

She's the first to let go and bid goodbye and left disappearing down and through the alleyways.

I sighed and started to journey home, and then again the feeling of being watched returned to my senses. I hurried home in fear that someone might be watching me.

I went to my room just in time my alarm clock went on. After turning it off I plop on my bead and stared at the ceiling.

The memory of Astrid fighting those trespassers earlier flashed through my head and how amazing she looked after the battle. I didn't realize I'm already smiling at the moment.

Just then, my phone rang.

I look at who called and was surprised to see who it is.

Dr. Kim calling...
[Answer] | Decline

"Hello Doctor?"

"Hiccup, sorry did I wake you?" The deep voice of Dr. Kim said on the speakers.

"No, I'm awake before you called. Just got home from patrol." I said.

"Oh right, your father said you just joined the pack of the True Alpha." He said.

"What's up?" I ask changing the topic.

"I need you to come here, there's something I need to tell you about your condition."

I suddenly felt nervous of what he said. If it's about my condition I easily get anxious about it, that my condition will be the death of me. Hopefully it wouldn't be my death he's gonna say.

"Okay sure, I'll be there after breakfast." I said.

____________________________

So this is a short chapter, I just want to give Hiccup a small part, maybe in a few chapters we will linger around Hiccup's "secret" and its complications. Thanks for reading. Love lots❤️