Part 41

Astrid's PoV

The sound of the clock—yes, Baron replaced the hour glass I broke with a ticking clock—which is the only sound in my chambers other than the sound of my heavy breathing, ticks like a time bomb annoys me.
My hands are swollen from punching the makeshift punching bag I made from pillows and a blanket and hung it on the wall. It's the third day since I woke up being imprisoned here in Baron's lair, and I haven't seen him or Hiccup in that span.

His maids would come and go, leaving me with food and clothes to dress up in, nothing else. I still don't have a clue where my comrades are and I can't find a way to get out. The door is guarded, even if I try to unlock it, guards are standing outside, big ones at that. Shows how scared Baron is if I escape and might strangle him to death —which I will if I get the chance.

I threw a shoe on the metal wall making a banging sound that echoes in the room. Being alone and locked here is frustrating, I couldn't make progress.

My eyes wander around the room, looking for a way that can help me get out, but nothing. The walls are too thick to punch a wall through, no windows, or secret trap doors. All I have are furniture, decorations and useless stuff that will do nothing to help me.

I notice cameras, small ones in every corner of the room.

What day is it again? I forgot, I think my period is coming maybe that's why I'm feeling a lot of emotions.

Shit I almost forgot about Axcel. I hope he's okay. And hopefully he's not missing me, or Aciel. When we get to escape I'll look for him immediately and give him cuddles that he loves so much.

"Fuck." I burry my face on my knees, feeling helpless. The Alpha, the strongest of all is feeling weak. Damn hormones and its side effects.

I hear the door click. I didn't look up to see who it is, I have no interest to find out. Probably just the maids delivering my dinner.

Heavy footsteps came in, and I hear something being put on the wooden table where they usually put my food. The footsteps become louder by the second, and it made me look up out of curiousity, and I'm looking at Hiccup's face.

I have no energy to exchange conversation with him and bury my face back on my knees.

"Time to eat." He said, in the most gentle voice.

"I'm not hungry." I said.

"You have to eat, Baron's orders." He said, voice still holding the same tone.

"Torture me or kill me all you want, I don't care." I say.

If Baron wants me for his project, he'll have me when I'm dead.

"Astrid." He said.

Gosh, why is he using this tone to me now? I hate it. I miss it that's why I hate it.

"Go away, Hiccup." I say, lifting my head a bit, "I'll eat when I want to."

I hear him sigh, and he walks away, but I didn't hear the door clicking close. When I look up, he's on the couch, across the long couch where I'm sitting.

"Get. Out." I ordered.

"You're not the boss of me anymore." He said.

"Oh right, you're not the Hiccup I knew." I said sarcastically, "You're an imitation of Baron who happens to have fake memories implanted in your memory core."

He suddenly laughs, "You're talking impossible science experiments."

"Was I? I don't fucking care. You're not my Hiccup and you'll never will be."