Part 22

Astrid's PoV

"You didn't told me Hiccup is visiting today mija," Abuelo say. "I should've cooked you both something."

We're in the dining room right now, eating dinner together. Aciel, as he promised came to stay for tonight, feeding Axcel this time cause he said he missed our little brother.

"Lo siento Abuelo, it was a sudden visit, because of what I told you." I say.

Abuelo nods his head.
I already told him about the wolf pups, asking him to let them stay. He wasn't agreed at first but he did after I showed him the photos of Axcel with the pups together, and he to found it cute, and he doesn't see anything wrong having pets around, well, unusual pets that is.

"Just make sure you two be responsible for the two, I don't want to find out that one of my walls already have walls because of those pups." Abuelo say with a chuckle.

"I promise Abuelo, they won't be a problem." I say.

"Hey sis, I'm curious," Aciel say. "What's up with you and Hiccup?"

Huh?

I tilt my head a little to the side, asking him to further explain what he's saying.

My big brother rolled his eyes, "I mean, are you in a relationship? Or what?"

What the hell??

Me? And Hiccup? In a relationship?

"Your head's full of air bug bro," I say. "You think about ridiculous stuff."

"It's not ridiculous little sister," Aciel protested, giving me a cold gaze. "I'm just asking because you're on the stage that your hormones are at it's active stage, and you're at the age where you have to find your mate."

I roll my eyes at him. "I'll find one when I need one."

"Astrid, mates are not needed, they are important if you want to keep your lineage alive." Aciel say then turn to Abuelo. "Right Abuelo?"

Abuelo wiped his mouth with the napkin and chuckle, "You kids really still don't understand the meaning of having a mate." Abuelo say. "Mates can indeed be a need, but what's a need if you don't want to have it?"

Aciel and I look at each other, exchanging the same expressions that say we don't understand what Abuelo is saying.
Maybe we're not yet really ready to have mates, but speaking of mates, I'm almost at the age where I have to find a candidate for a suitable mate, but I'm not sure who.
Even Aciel needs to find one because he's on the right age already, and I'm not sure if he already has someone who got his eyes on.

After dinner, Aciel and I, with Axcel in my arms decided to hang out just the three of us at the garden, we have a lot of catching up to do.

"How are Mom and Dad doing?" I ask as we sit down on the bench.

"Mom's been busy with the Council recently, Dad's been going out on private meetings about someone named Monsieur D." Says my older brother, taking Axcel from me.

"Hmm...that name sounds interesting." I say.

"Dad won't tell who he is but I'm sure he's a good business partner, the company ratings are growing higher since then." Says Aciel, as he plays with Axcel.

"I hope Dad and Mom will allow me to go out soon, I need to be in the front lines sooner before more break-ins happen," I say with a sigh. "Hiccup and the others are having a hard time already."

"Speaking of Hiccup, I'm still not convinced of what you told me back at dinner," Aciel say, giving me a smug look.

"What else do you want to hear?" I raise an eyebrow at him. "Hiccup and I aren't dating, period."