Part 28

Astrid's PoV

I watch as the city slowly dims down as the night gets deeper. It's satisfying to watch how the darkness dominates the lights, and after a few hours the light will swallow the darkness again.

If only that light will stay forever and will wash all the darkness away. But no matter how the light spreads the shadows will still remain.

Sounding so cliché but it's true.

Everyone has a secret and not every secret has to be told...at least not too soon cause all secrets will be revealed one day anyway.

I blew a strand of stray hair off my face while I'm sitting on an edge of a rooftop of the highest building of the city. I've decided not to go to the base yet and watch this breathtaking view first, I'm sure they'll be fine without me even for a while.

I hummed while watching the cars pass down the streets that seemed to be so small from up here.

One day I won't be able to be out here because once I take over, I'll be busy in HQ and managing our business and other stuff that I find so boring.

"If only Hiccup could see this." I whisper to myself.

He's been in mg mind all the time since that...night. He marked me, so basically I'm supposed to be his but...I don't know, maybe rules can be broken, after all Hiccup will not agree to be my mate, and I'm not sure if my family will allow him because the last time I checked they're very fond of Sian, and I'm sure Abuelo will insist that I'll be with him.

Ugh! Thinking about it makes my scales shudder.

"Jack Frost to Alpha Leader...come in Alpha Leader?"

"What?" I reply in an annoyed tone.

"Are you gonna report to base or what? We're waiting here." Jack say in a same tone.

"You go on ahead, tell Hiccup I'll just catch up with him in a few."

"Fine."

I roll my eyes once the connector beeped indicating that Jack got disconnected to my communicator.

I huffed taking one more good look of the view before standing up and decided to be on my way to North Gate. Feeling too lazy to do some parkour and stuff, I took the elevator down.
I pull my hood over my head as I exit the building and walk down the still busy sidewalks, taking in the scent of smoke from vehicles that blends in the cool Berk City air.

Beeping sounds came into my communicator and a voice came in. "You okay?"

It's Hiccup, and he sounded so worried.

"Yeah I'm fine, why?" I say.

"Oh, I thought there's a problem, you sounded cold towards Jack earlier he looks irritated."

I chuckle, "Don't mind him, he's always like that whenever I don't report to base."

"Oh so it's a normal thing, I thought something is up between you two."

A smirk forms on my lips the way he sounded. "Jealous Haddock?"

"Me? Jealous? Ha! Why would I be jealous? No way."

I couldn't help but chuckle. I can imagine how he looks like while saying that. "Oh really? You sounded like you are."

"Just get over here." He say, sounding a bit pissed.

I quietly chuckle, slipping my hands inside the pockets of my jacket. He's so cute. I can imagine his red cheeks right now I wanna pinch them so bad.