Part 20

Hiccup's PoV

"Dad, is it okay if I visit a friend's house?" I ask my Dad as I follow him around the supermarket.

"Sure son, just remember to be home before the time." Dad say, grabbing boxes of cereals from the shelf.

"So it's fine if I'll go now?" I ask.

Dad look at me, "Sure, just help me finish this." He say.

I smile and quickly run down the next aisle to pick up the stuff we need to buy and put it in Dad's cart. I need to hurry if I want to catch up with the Hoffersons, it's one time I can spend time with Astrid again, she's been gone for a while and I kinda wanna see her lately... she's my first friend among the gang after all.

"Whoa son, slow down." Dad say with a chuckle as he turn to another aisle. I pick up the stuff we need and put it in the cart and once we're done, Dad told me I could go, since I look like I'm in a rush. I thanked my father and hurry to the parking lot where Mr. Hofferson said to meet them.

I literally ran all the way there, and just in time when I arrived, I found them loading their groceries at the back of the van.
Astrid saw me and waved. "Glad you could catch up." She say.

"Yeah...my Dad...lets me go..." I say panting.

"Let's go children." Mr. Hofferson say who is already inside the van with Astrid's little brother.

"Come on." Astrid grabs my hand and pull me with her and hop inside the van, sitting at the back of Mr. Hofferson and her brother. Astrid sits beside me and flash a smile.

"So Mr. Haddock, hope you're fond of steak." Mr. Hofferson say.

"No way, you're going to cook Abuelo?" Astrid ask her grandfather with excitement.

"Of course," Mr. Hofferson say. "The guest must taste the best food us Hoffersons can serve."

Astrid clapped her hands excitedly like a little girl. Her grandfather must be a great cook to make her this excited, makes me excited too. "By the way, how are you?" Astrid ask, turning to me. "Sorry I wasn't able to send you messages."

"It's fine, and I'm good, school's a bit busy because of the upcoming events." I say.

"Oh, the Sports fest!" Astrid exclaimed. "I'm not able to attend."

"Why?" I ask.

"Some important stuff Astrid needs to fulfill." Mr. Hofferson say, answering my question.

I look at Astrid and she smile with a hint of nervousness in it. "Alpha duties." She say.

It was a quick ten minute ride until we arrive in an area full of trees and tall grass, and at the end of the path we're going in is a Villa guarded by a lot of men wearing black suits. This Villa is isolated from the city and I'm sure no one knows about it except the Hofferson family and now me.

"See you inside children." Astrid's grandfather say as he step out of the van and into the building along with Astrid's little brother.

Astrid suddenly grab hold of my hand with a strong grip, "Don't tell anyone about this place." She say in a serious tone.

I just nod my head in response.

She lets go of my hand and step out of the van, and I followed.
Astrid can be pretty scary when she's serious.

I follow her inside, ignoring the looks of the security that's literally everywhere. Inside, I see a modern interior design of a lobby where a large set of stairs leading to the second floor is at the left area of the lobby. She lead me into a modern living room and told me to wait for her as she changes in her room.