Part 21

Astrid's PoV

"¡Adelante!"

"¡Adelante!"

"¡Ataque!"

"¡El golpe!"

"Harder mija!"

My hands fall on to my sides, panting and sweating at the same time.

"¡Necesitas ser más duro que tu oponente!" (You need to be more stronger than your opponent!) Abuelo said in a high and hard voice.

I huffed another breath, clenching my hands into fists and repeated what I did. Sprinting like a dragon's fast flight, I leaped up the air, hands ready to attack-

-Slash!

"Ah!" I groaned when Abuelo's foot hit me on the stomach. It will only be nothing to me because despite my size, I can take on a blow, but if they're average hybrids, but my Abuelo is not just any average hybrid, he's a True Alpha, and he's more stronger.
I fell on the ground, feeling my breakfast rising up my throat and my intestines shaking inside me.

"You're fast, but your body isn't as hard as a rock mija." Abuelo say, walking towards me. "Your brother was able to pin me down in the first round."

There goes that comparison again.

"Get up, you can do this mija." Abuelo say, lightly hitting my arm with his foot.

I sighed and got up, though my body is still not recovered from the blow but I don't want him to think I'm weak, I shouldn't be showing him that, or else I'll be called a disgrace.

"¡Adelante!" Abuelo shouted.

With lightning speed, I charged towards my Abuelo, my hands growing claws, and I can feel the burning of anger inside me.

"HA!"

Abuelo shielded himself with his arms, scales already covered on them. My claws slashes across his arm to only find no scratch in them. I made a roundhouse kick, giving a full blow at my Abuelo and he stumble a few steps back, his claws slash across the ground leaving claw marks.

He gave me a smirk, and attacked me, slashing his claws on me, but I shielded myself with my scaled arms, gladly I mastered how to use the scales to protect the flash from getting wounded thanks to my Mother.
He tried to kick me on the stomach again but I quickly leaped in the air before he could hit me and blow a punch on his face, making him fall on the ground.

I landed on the ground, feeling a bit worried that the punch must've been too strong, but Abuelo laughs as he push himself up to sit down.

"¡Muy bien! Mija." Abuelo say while nodding his head.

A small smile curved on my face. I walk towards him and help him up.

"A little more stronger on the kicks but it was good." Abuelo say, patting my shoulder. "Continue to train, we'll have more lessons tomorrow."

Abuelo walks back inside the house and I'm left alone here in our backyard.
I decided to do laps, do curl ups, push ups and lastly, a one on one sparring session.

I've been training since I was a little girl. Most of my mentors told me a girl is a weak being, and undeserving to become a True Alpha, but my parents helped me, by brother helped me, and now Abuelo is helping prove that I'm worthy of being one, though sometimes he made me think that Aciel is more deserving to be the True Alpha. Well, he cannot blame me for inheriting the bloodline, I wasn't planning on becoming one, but I was born to be one and that left me no choice.

After I was satisfied with my solo training, I went back inside to get some rest.
Axcel is still asleep in our room when I arrive, which is great because I don't have to rush on taking a bath just to make sure he's not falling off the crib.
I took a warm shower, scrubbing all the dirt off my skin and wash my hair thoroughly. When I'm done Axcel is already awake and asking for some milk. I made him one and let him drink it down as I get dressed in shorts and a sweatshirt.