Part 23

Hiccup's PoV

Sunday morning and I wake up alone again, only left with a note that says Be back before dinner, something came up in the City Hall -Dad.
Gobber is nowhere to be found either, he must've left to work at the forge without telling me which kinda annoys me.
I sigh as I open th fridge and grab a jug of milk.

Dr. Kim didn't gave me recent updates about my condition lately, which worries me because I'm not sure if something is already happening to my body that I don't know.

I serve myself a glass of milk and some toast with sweetened butter and avocado slices.

I ate in silence at the maids greet me when they came into the kitchen while I greet back politely.

I'm glad the maids and other people hired in this house are all Betas, Dad made sure of it so no one will know about my Omega gender. Betas cannot smell scents, they're equivalent to normal people and only possess average strength unlike Alphas, the most feared of the hierarchy.

After I finish my small breakfast, I head back in my room to take a bath.
As the water from the shower rain on me, I remember the events I had with Astrid yesterday that made me smile and chuckle at how I look like an idiot in front if her.
I even almost kissed her again on the lips!

I run a hand through my wet hair with a chuckle. What an idiot I am, trying to kiss my Alpha leader.

"You're one bad dog, Haddock." I told myself.

After my bath, I decided I should visit Astrid and check on the pups. I'm bored in the house anyway and she told me I can come to her place anytime.

I get dressed in the simplest clothes I can grab in my wardrobe, a black loose shirt with a skull on the right sleeve, black cargo pants and sneakers.
I left a message to Astrid that I'll be coming over and called a cab to ride.
I stopped at the entrance of the secret Villa of the Hoffersons and made sure no one is following or watching me before I start walking inside.
It wasn't a long walk, just a good ten minutes and I can already spot tye Villa not so far away.

I went into a short jog until I reach the front gates, where the security recognized me and let me inside.

"Do you happen to know where Señorita Astrid is?" I ask the security guard who let me in.

"She's probably in the sitting room, Sir." Replied the security guard.

I thanked him and went inside the building where I'm greeted by the Villa servants.

"Good noon." I greet back as I head to the sitting room.

When I'm at the door of the sitting I suddenly heard voices. I turn to the direction of the door heading to the backyard and I hear barking this time. A smile crossed my face and quickly run to the backyard door.
When I exit through the doorway I found Astrid standing there, her back facing me while carrying the pups. I was about to call her name when I notice she's talking to someone and she sounds...mad.

Whoever she is talking to they seem to be talking about something private.

"I'm not stopping until I see you happy with someone who isn't me," I hear someone say. "But if not, I won't stop until you're mine again, I love you Astrid, I always have, and I'm not stopping until you forgive and accept me again."

Oh, I guess they're talking about Astrid's love life. I shouldn't eavesdrop on this one. But I can't help it, I too wanna know who Astrid got her eyes on, and is it strange that I kinda wish it's me?

"You can stop now, cause I already have someone I love." Astrid say.

She does? Who??

"Who?"