Gentlemen Always Pay

*Cassidy POV*

Okay, I can do this. I can get my job back, I got this.

I flatten down the back of my silk dress, headed towards the apartment building stairs.

I need a plan for when I walk back into Sanctuary. Do I pretend I forgot something and came to pick it up, only to hope Corbyn sees me in this dress and begs me to stay? Do I pretend I'm scoping out competition for a different club I'm working at?

None of that seems believable.

"Oh, sorry" As I turn the corner to go down the stairs, I bump into a small blonde who looks like she was hiding on the stairs

"Sorry" She squeezes past me, going to see someone on my floor.

I skip down the three flights of stairs, planning a strategy that doesn't evolve me on my knees, begging for my job back.

As I get to the buildings entrance, I swing the door open, ready to take a deep breath of air but my lungs don't seem to work as I see a familiar all black BMW.

Corbyn stands, leaning against his tinted black car, staring down at the light pink calla lily arrangement in his hands.

He's dressed in a gorgeous blazer, with sequin designs all over it. The rest of his outfit being all black, hangs well on his body. He looks good, and he knows it.

Once his eyes lock to mine, every plan I had gets thrown from my memory.

What do I say? What is he even doing here?

"Cassidy" Corbyn smiles, pushing himself slightly off of his car.

He takes a few steps over to me but stops once he realizes I'm not moving.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have pretended to not know who hurt Calum and I'd love to explain to you what happened, if you'll let me" The plead in Corbyn's eyes almost makes me weak in the knees.

Did he miss me as much as I missed him? Or is he here because the club needs me?

"Tell me something first-"

"Anything" I smile at his eagerness.

"Why are you here right now?" Corbyn smiles, showing off his bright white teeth.

He walks over, standing in front of me and he holds out the flowers. I take them with a polite thank you, before putting them to my nose to smell.

"Technically, I'm here because of Daniel, but he was really just giving me a boost that I didn't know I needed" Corbyn wraps his arm around my waist, guiding me towards his car.

"I'm here because every one seems to think I need you to keep sane" I laugh lightly as Corbyn opens his passenger side door for me.

"And I agree with them. Being drunk all week brought me to realize, maybe I do need you. So, what do you say I take you to lunch?"

"Are you asking me on a date?" My cheeks tint to a shade of pink

"Let's see how the lunch goes first"

I swiftly get into the car, and Corbyn closes the door behind me. I watch as he walks around the hood of his car and I can't help but smile. I don't know what Calum did to bring the two of us together right now, but I'm thankful for it.

"Can we not go somewhere too expensive? I haven't worked all week, I'm a little low on cash" I smile as Corbyn chuckles lightly, not taking his eyes off the quickly moving road ahead of us

"Where would you like to eat then?" I glance out the window, looking for a suitable option as we drive

"What about Chipotle?" I suggest but Corbyn just laughs