Therapist

*Daniel POV*

It's been a weird week this week. Dove called in sick twice, which meant Corbyn hasn't come in either, he's stayed at home to help take care of her. She's got some sort of bug or some shit.

What is most weird is that Corbyn and Dove come in separately today, which is extremely odd because I know those two are always attached at the damn hip.

I watch as Dove walks straight from the back door, going quickly into the locker room with her hood up. Corbyn comes through the back door maybe two minutes later. So they came together but walked in separately?

The tension within the couple is felt fully in the empty club.

I start to polish some clean glasses as I watch the odd couple from behind the bar.

Am I jealous of their relationship? No, not really. I've never been a man for commitment. Am I jealous that Corbyn has Dove? Somewhat.

When Dove first got here, Corbyn wanted nothing to do with her, he hated that I hired her and wanted her pretty much gone. As soon as I started showing interest in her, then all of a sudden he wanted her.

I have a objective around here, I've slept with every girl that's ever worked at this club, except Dove. Am I really about to let Corbyn ruin my perfect score because he's fucking her? Absolutely not. I gotta find a way to make this work, without completely fucking myself up with Corbyn and Indefinite.

Corbyn slowly walks up the VIP steps towards me at the bar. He's got his hands full, holding them to his chest in front of his black suit jacket and he keeps his head to the floor. Normally he'd be an annoying ball of sunshine when he comes in early with Dove but today, he seems kind of gloomy.

Maybe not gloomy, but, not himself. His hair isn't styled the way it usually is, it's flat. His skin looks paler, which is hard to do, my man's already a damn ghost. He carries his phone, keys and wallet, which is odd because he always has them in his pockets.

Moral of the story, he's a disorganized mess.

He makes a hard left to go straight to his office but he stops abruptly, probably sensing that I'm staring at him.

He looks up to me, not even smiling towards me before walking around the bar, standing just behind me to my right side, leaning on the counter.

"Is everything good?" I chuckle lightly, taking a step away from him, so I can look at him

"I don't know man" The sound of his voice almost gets me worried

"What's going on? Talk to me brother" I hop onto the bar top so I'm able to face Corbyn in his weird time of need.

Corbyn never comes to me to talk about anything, besides gang work. He usually goes to Jonah, and then Jonah of course tells me. Well, I usually fight it out of him, but still. We usually keep each other in the loop with things about Corbyn, mainly to give each other a heads up of what mood he's in.

Jonah didn't send me a message today with anything to do with Corbyn, so I know he's telling me first. I kind of get giddy at the fact that I'm getting this first, this rarely happens.

"I think Cassidy is pregnant"

The glass that I'm polishing almost slips from my grasp at Corbyn's confession.

My mind races though, the way I could finally fuck this relationship up to fuck Dove, giving me too many bad ideas.

"Why do you think that? How far along would she be?" I place down my glass and my rag, so he knows he has my full attention.