Power

*Cassidy POV*

It's been over two weeks inside this house. I haven't had contact with anyone outside these four walls and it's only made me depressed.

One of the guys comes to the house at night to drop off groceries for the house but they don't stay long. I tried staying up one night to talk to Jonah when I heard his voice but as soon as he saw me coming down the stairs, he left. I tried going after him but Spencer wouldn't let me near the door. I swear if one of them picks me up one more time, I'm swinging.

I've gotten no update on Corbyn, and I can only assume that's because there isn't one. I've come to realize that he's in a coma, why else would Zach tell me they weren't sure if he'd wake up or not?

I've been avoiding Spencer and AJ as much as I can. They sleep on the main floor when two other men come in to cover for them, but they're only here for a few hours every second day.

They rarely come up to the second floor, where I've been hiding. AJ, the one I've learned that has the blue eyes, he comes upstairs every so often to make sure I'm alive, or haven't escaped.

The closest I've gotten to being outside, is sitting on a balcony that's in the master bedroom. I sit there for most of my time, staring out at the large open field behind the house, if I'm lucky, I catch some deer or foxes at dusk.

I sit there now, enjoying a cup of hot chocolate and my J.D. Robb book.

I'm convinced Corbyn knew I would be here at some point, he stocked the master bedroom with books he knows I love.

"Where is she?" A loud voice echos up the stairs.

Why is he here? I don't need to see anyone unless it's Corbyn or someone giving me an update on him. I haven't gotten an update on Corbyn since I left the damn hospital, I need one.

"Hey Cassidy" I watch his figure from the corner of my eye, take a seat in the chair next to mine.

I keep my nose in my book, lightly sipping on my hot chocolate. I'll be honest, I haven't read much of the book since I sat down an hour or so ago. I've been watching the sun go down and the stars slowly start to come out.

It's so much different out here than it is in the city. You can see the stars and wildlife. In the city, the only lights you see are from the street lights or the thousands of cars.

"How are you?" I watch as he pulls on the sleeves of his black designer hoodie.

He's more than likely nervous that I haven't said a word to him yet. I haven't seen him since the day I left the hospital, and I wanted to keep it that way.

"What are you doing here, Dakota?" I close my book, letting it rest in my lap. I grip tightly onto my mug with my right hand, not daring to look at him.

"I came to check up on you, as one does" He's cocky, and arrogant. I wonder if he was like this before he started working for Victor.

"How's Corbyn?" That's all I want to know from him.

"Well I'm great, thanks for asking. How are you?" He chuckles, pulling his phone from his sweater pocket.

"I'm fine. How's Corbyn?" I know he doesn't care how I am, and I know he knows I don't care how he is.

"No change" He shrugs.

If I knew I could get away with it, I'd try to escape this so called safe house and get back to the hospital, but I know it'll never work with Spencer and AJ. Spencer killed a wild rabbit that was running past the fence last week or so ago. I thought he was sleeping, but he "sensed" movement.