Football

*Cassidy POV*

I throw on my brothers spare blue and gold football jersey over my black hoodie, and the jersey is still huge. I haven't worn it in so long, I almost forgot it was like a dress on me.

I throw on a black beanie, so it goes with my leggings. Throwing on a pair of white trainers, I'm set to go.

Corbyn called, saying he was on his way to get me, even when I refused the ride, he said he was already in his football attire, in his car on his way to the apartment.

I lock the apartment door and I'm off down the stairs, excited to see Corbyn again, after only twelve hours.

Part of me is selfish and I don't want the team to win. Whenever they win, they throw a large party at a random frat house and Calum tries to invite me. I don't mind most of his friends, but there's a few I wouldn't mind never seeing again. Beau will always be one of them.

When I exit the apartment building, Corbyn is already waiting outside, leaning on his car. The smile he gets when he sees me, almost melts my heart. The way Corbyn looks at me, makes me feel like I'm the only girl around, I feel special.

"Hi Cass." Corbyn walks to me with open arms. I walk into his arms, cozying up to him in his New Orleans Saints hoodie.

"You're wearing that, to a university football game?" I laugh lightly at the skinny jeans and Dr Martens boots.

"For one, I don't have any university clothes, and two, this is my favourite football team." Corbyn chuckles lightly as he spins us around to his car.

"So.. Klassen?" Corbyn smirks, clearly reading the name on the back of the jersey. "What position does your brother play?"

"He's a wide receiver." Corbyn opens the door for me and I slide in.

Corbyn walks around the car in a hurry, getting into the drivers side

"So what significance does 13 have?" I look down to the jersey, seeing Calum's number. I try to show no reaction to the number, I don't really want to explain it

"He's superstitious." I laugh to mask the truth, Corbyn doesn't need to know about my uncle yet, if at all

Corbyn places his hand on my thigh, rubbing his thumb lightly, it's comforting.

"You can tell me whenever you're ready."

~

We make it to the stadium with little time to spare before the game starts. The parking lot is already full but we manage to find a spot.

Corbyn and I start walking towards the entrance, and a gentleman bumps into me when I feel someone grab my hand.

"I'll let go when we get somewhere less busy." I look to my side to see Corbyn with a guilty smile on his face. He doesn't care that it's busy, it's clearly just an excuse to hold my hand. I like it.

When we make it to the front doors, I show the man the tickets on my phone, that Calum gets for free since he's a player.

Corbyn looks confused but nods his head as the man lets us through the doors.

When we get inside the stadium, it's a little calmer from what it was outside, but Corbyn holds my hand tighter. Just his touch can make me calmer.

"Do you want a drink?" He whispers in my ear, so I can hear him over the crowd buzzing.

"Yeah, let's go."

As we walk over to a little concession stand, selling bottles of drinks, Corbyn wraps his arm around my shoulders while still holding my hand, leaving my arm to rest over my chest.