You And Him

*Cassidy POV*

"Go talk to him, go see what he thinks and go from there. You know I'll always be here for you, right?" Daniel encourages me to go talk to Corbyn.

"Thank you" I grab the positive pregnancy test off the counter, shoving it back into my grey hoodie pocket to show Corbyn.

"You got this" I smile back at Daniel as I get up from the bar stool.

Pregnant. I'm fucking pregnant.

This time feels different. This time, I'm not as nervous but of course I'm still nervous.

Corbyn and I never talked about kids in our future. With what both of us do for work, it never really crossed my mind about what we would do if this ever happened.

I guess having birth control and condoms really would've saved us from this situation.

Most of me is still nervous, mainly because of what happened last time I was pregnant. Justin beat me half to death because he was so against having a baby with me. Which I later found out was because he was addicted to heroin, Corbyn told me. I never even realized because I was too busy worrying about his cocaine addiction.

I know Corbyn would never hit me, he'd never do what Justin did to me. I just fear that this will push him away from me, maybe he'll be so against having a baby, but won't want to tell me, so he'll distance himself from me.

My hands shake as I go to knock on the cherry wood door. I hesitate, not really ready to tell Corbyn but I know I have to. We're in this together, right?

I knock lightly, hitting my hand three times on the door, so he knows it's me. I created a knock for myself a long while ago, before I quit, so Corbyn could know it's me.

"Come in" He sounds exhausted, but I know he's been up for days worrying about me being sick. At least we know the reason now.

I slowly push open his door, almost gasping as I see his office destroyed. All the books are thrown from the shelves, his expensive bottle of whiskey that his dad bought him, that he's refused to open is shattered all across the floor, leaving a pool of alcohol to coat his wooden floor.

I step in only enough to close the door, I don't want to move too far into the room and accidentally step on a piece of glass with my bare feet.

"Hey" I whisper out as I see Corbyn with his glasses on, going through some papers on his desk.

"Hi Dove" I lower my eye brows as he calls me Dove. He only ever calls me that when we're out on the club floor, so no one finds out my real name.

"Are you available to talk?" I reach into my sweater pocket, grasping tightly onto the test, just wanting to tell him already to get this out in the open

"What do you need?" He doesn't look up from his papers and I realize I probably came at a bad time.

"I can come back later, if you want" He's working, he's got more important things to worry about. I should've just waited until we got back to his condo to do this. Why did I ever think taking a test at work would be a good idea?

"No, it's fine, Dove. What did you want to talk about?" Why won't he say my name?

"If you're busy I can-"

"Just say it" Corbyn sighs and I pull out the test.

He won't even look at me, so I take small steps towards his desk, trying to avoid any glass as my feet almost slip in the whiskey.

I place the positive test down on the edge of his desk, sliding it over towards him. I take a few steps back as he slides the test closer to himself.

He shakes his head, letting out a deep chuckle before he pushes it back towards me, almost making it fall off the edge of the desk and to the whiskey soaked floor.