Moving Forwards

*Cassidy POV*

"I'll set up some viewings for us to look at, we can pick whichever one you like best, and if you don't like any, I'll find more." Corbyn's tone is sweet as we lay in bed, as he goes through lists of new condos.

I haven't left the bedroom since Calum took his life in the spare room, just down the hall. It almost doesn't feel real, but my body still shakes as the ringing of the gun, hasn't left my mind.

I haven't gone to work, I've called in sick everyday and Corbyn hasn't left my side since.

I'm so grateful for Corbyn, but everything is such a mess.

"Is that okay?" He looks over to me, placing a hand on my shoulder, as I lay on my side, looking at the condos on his laptop.

"Okay.."

Jack and Zach packed up my apartment for me, and I'm pretty sure all my stuff is sitting in the living room. I trust that it's all there, and nothing is broken, I know Corbyn would have their heads on a stick if they messed something up, even by accident.

Everything hurts, mentally, physically, it hurts. I no longer have a family, everyone I love is dead, except Corbyn. I can't find the strength to do the bare minimum, I haven't eaten, or showered, or even peed without having Corbyn beside me to help. He's been taking care of me like I'm a baby, and it's pathetic, but I can't find the strength within me to do it myself.

Corbyn's been trying to get me to open up, about anything since I was taken from outside his club, and I've always refused because I didn't want him to see me any differently but I know I need to open up now more than ever. Not only for me, but for him as well.

I can see how much this is tearing Corbyn apart. He sees me as his strength, but also his weakness. When I'm good, he's good, when I'm down, he's down. I want to open up to him, so we can work our way back to the strong couple we were, but it'll take more time than either of us would like.

"He offered to drive me home, and I hesitated, because you once told me not to be alone with him-"

"What?" Corbyn closes his laptop, quickly placing it on his bedside table

"He gave me a bottle of water, and it was too easy to open, I should've known. I only had two sips, then I couldn't move." My voice is no higher than a whisper

Corbyn lays himself down beside me and cuddles himself into me, so my head is resting in his neck, as he holds me tightly.

"Trixi and another girl, who maybe just turned 18, was at the house when I got there. They made me change, into red lingerie and they took my picture, I don't even want to know what happened to that photo;"

"I had it." Corbyn whispers against the skin on my shoulder, as he holds me as my body shakes

"What?" Did they send it to him? Did they try to use me to get ransom?

"We went to that house, looking for you, but all that was there was a box of photos, of all the girls they took." Corbyn takes a deep breath. "It's in the condo somewhere. I hid it, when I got you back, so you wouldn't see it but I don't remember where I put it."

"What happened to the other photos?" My heart goes out to all the girls they took photos of.

"I gave it to the police, but I imagine they haven't done anything with it."

Corbyn's hatred towards the police only grew stronger when we reconnected. I'm not sure what happened when I left, but I imagine it's not good with the way we left the police station that day.

"We were put in the back of a van, I slept until we got to an abandon building in San Diego, where the auction was."

"I know, I should've gotten to you sooner. I'm sorry." Corbyn holds me tighter as I feel his muscles begin to tense. His chest pain is back.