Sunset Boulevard

*Cassidy POV*

I stare at the freezing cold water as it runs from the bathroom faucet, but I can't hear the sound. My hands shake profusely as I cup them together under the running water to gather enough to splash on my face.

As I splash the cold water on to my pale skin, I suck in a sharp breath before making eye contact with myself in the mirror. I look like shit as my body continues pumping full of anxiety and fear.

I don't know how to break this to Corbyn, I really don't. I know how he'll feel about it, and I know he won't be mad, but I'm worried he'll be mad that he can't do much since he's been on bed rest since leaving the hospital.

I dry off my face on a soft white towel, taking my time, knowing I have to go tell Corbyn, because if I don't, he'll know immediately that something is off.

I hang up the towel back on the small rack, taking deep breaths as I turn my body back towards the door. Time seems to slow down as I place my hand on the door handle, and I force myself to turn it.

Corbyn was released from the hospital two weeks ago, but the doctor gave him strict orders to stay in bed for as long as he can, to help with the healing process, but it's not a surprise to me when I open the bathroom door, and he's not there.

"Corbyn?" I call out in a shaky voice, wrapping my arms around myself as I walk further into our bedroom.

"What's going on, baby girl?" Corbyn's voice echos as I hear him in the closet.

I slowly begin walking over to the closet, wiping away the tears that are forming in my eyes, but I come to a halt as Corbyn walks to the door frame.

My eyes look Corbyn up and down as he leans his shoulder on the door frame, doing up the buttons on his white button up shirt, leaving a few at the top undone. His all black suit and expensive dress shoes make me sigh. He's got flashy silver chains around his neck and glorious rings on his fingers, and I know he's going out, against the doctors orders.

"Where are you going?" My arms tighten around my stomach as the doorbell rings and Corbyn pushes himself off the door frame

"I told you baby, one last job, then I'm done."
Corbyn shoots me a smile before he exits our bedroom and I hear him quickly go down the stairs.

For the last three weeks, since Corbyn got out of surgery, he's been promising me that he was doing one last job for Indefinite then he was done. He said we could get away from the city and start new, build new lives for ourselves and live freely. I'm still not sure if he's doing it for me, or himself, but either way, I don't care. I'm happy doing whatever Corbyn wants, I just wish I knew what brought this thought on.

I begin to walk slowly out of our bedroom, and loud voices echo through the main level. Jonah and Devonie are here. Devonie being here, already let's me know they're doing their last job now, then they're gone.

Devonie got me caught up when I saw her earlier this week. The two of them, as well as their daughter are moving, leaving Los Angeles as soon as the last job for Indefinite is done, so more than likely, they're leaving tomorrow. Dev doesn't even know where they're going, Jonah said the less she knew, the better, until they get where they're going.

I walk down the stairs, seeing Jonah and Corbyn talking in whispers by the door, Dev stops walking around the living room as she hears me, and her smile drops.

"You okay, Cass?" Dev's voice is sympathetic but I nod when the two men stop talking to look at me

"I'm good." I force a smile, I have to tell Corbyn before he leaves. This can't wait. "Can we talk?" My eyes follow Corbyn as I stand on the bottom step. He walks from the front door towards the kitchen, grabbing his large set of keys off the counter.