Kiss Of Change

*Cassidy POV*

"I brought wine to have with dinner, but I forgot about it, I'm sorry." I hand Saskia the bag with the wine in it that I brought, before I sit down on a white leather love seat, next to Corbyn.

Everyone's gathered in the living room, ready to open their presents while Home Alone plays in the background.

Jordan is by the tree, already organizing the presents, while Ashley sits in a bean bag chair, with a small bowl of popcorn. She's more focused on the movie.

"That's fine! We can drink it now!" Saskia cheers, rushing back towards the kitchen. "Everyone want a glass?"

"Yes, please!" Ashley's words are mumbled with her mouth full of popcorn.

"Sure!" Jordan shouts as he shakes one of the presents.

"Just a water, mom." I glance to Corbyn, I didn't even think about bringing whiskey for him.

"Sorry, I should've grabbed some whiskey while I got the wine." I whisper lightly, as I somewhat lean closer to him. I could never afford the bottle he drinks, being almost two thousand dollars for the smallest size, but I would've gotten him something on the cheaper side.

"Don't worry about it, I quit drinking." My eyebrows lower as Corbyn rests his arm behind me, on the back of the sofa.

"What? When?" When I worked at the club, Corbyn always had a glass of whiskey in his hand. I didn't mind it, because I never saw him drunk, well, maybe the occasional tipsy when he had a bad day.

"Almost two months ago." Corbyn shrugs, like it's no big deal

"Why?" I don't mean for my tone to come off rude, I'm just, confused? Curious?

"Okay! We can start now!" Saskia comes walking back into the living room, holding a tray with four glasses of red wine and a glass of water. She places the tray onto the small, cream coloured coffee table in front of Corbyn and I, and everyone grabs their glass.

Corbyn takes a sip of his water before he leans close to me, I can feel his warm breath run down the side of my neck.

"When we broke up, things went south for me, and my only friend was a bottle of whiskey." I pull back from Corbyn, to see his facial expression but he's already smiling to Jordan, as he hands him a gift.

Were things just as bad for Corbyn as they were for me? He wanted the breakup, but he was still just as miserable?

"Cassidy, this one's from Ashley." Jordan hands me a present and my eyes instantly fill with tears.

I look to Corbyn, who smiles lightly and he runs a hand down my back. His family got me gifts, and all I brought was wine, and a gift for Corbyn.

"It's okay, don't worry;" Corbyn tries to reassure me but I can't shake this guilt feeling. "Mine and Cassidy's gifts to you guys, don't have our names on them, specifically so, if you don't like them, Cassidy picked them out. If you like them, I picked them out"

Corbyn smiles to me, pulling me closer to him and he kisses the side of my head. I'll have to repay his family, I'll get them a good gift once I'm able to go out shopping again.

"Oh please, Cassidy probably did all the shopping while you stayed at home;" Jordan chuckles as he opens a new PS5, that Corbyn got him. "Yup, Cassidy definitely did the shopping! This is sick!"

I lean myself on Corbyn's shoulder as everyone opens their gifts. Ashley got me an eyeshadow pallet and a few shirts. Jordan got me a gift card to a bookstore along with the first three Harry Potter books. Saskia, she got me two tickets for a LA Rams game for the next season.