Liar

*Daniel POV*

"Yeah, I just got here, I'll let you know how she is when I leave." I mumble into the phone as the elevator doors open to the top floor of Corbyn's apartment building.

"Alright, let her know that Dev will come by tomorrow to see her again." Jonah sighs, hating how things turned out.

"Will do." I hang up the phone as I step out of the elevator.

I'm the one to visit Cassidy today, and she's gonna fucking hate it. Storm's sister is finally leaving Los Angeles, so she no longer has someone to watch over her daughter. Jonah could, I guess, but he's still got so much on his plate, since they haven't left.

I know Storm would be a better help for Cassidy, since her mother was shot dead by a rookie police officer, when she was eleven. She can relate to Cassidy, she'd be better at this consoling thing, but here I am.

Jonah and Storm both refuse to leave Los Angeles until they know that Cassidy will be alright, but if they plan to do that, I don't think they'll ever leave.

I know Corbyn and Cassidy were supposed to leave with them, I know both couples were moving to some random place by San Jose but I guess that plan fell through.

Corbyn announced to everyone, before the job with Johnson that Indefinite was done, and he had jobs for everyone lined up. He had me sign papers for ownership of the club a few weeks ago, not long after his surgery. I know he wants better for Cassidy, and I know he'll still somehow give that to her now.

As I walk up to the apartment, screams and cries come from behind one of the three doors on this side of the hallway, and I already know it's Cassidy. She's only been left alone for twelve hours, and for some reason, that feels too long.

Storm left Cassidy, sometime around nine, and being nine in the morning now, I know she probably hasn't slept yet. She hasn't slept much since it was announced that Corbyn died, last week.

I knock roughly on the door, so she'll be able to hear me over her screams but her cries don't come closer to the door. I ring the doorbell, and hear it loud through the shut door but her screams are just as loud.

I go to knock again, but the sound of smashing glass instantly sends my left hand into the pocket of my ripped white jeans. Pushing my wallet to the side, I grasp on to my set of keys, that happens to have a set of Corbyn's keys attached. When he gave me the full set for the club, rather than just having some for the club doors, he added an apartment key for their place, I think he gave all the guys one. It didn't make sense to me until now.

Shoving the key into the lock, I twist and push the door open with my shoulder. Stepping into the apartment, my eyes immediately lock on Cassidy, who's completely red in the face, standing next to the only surviving vase from the police search, smashed on the floor.

Her hands are gripped tightly in her hair as her eyes frantically bounce around the room, as if she's in search of something and my heart aches watching her.

"Cass?" I use a light tone because it looks like she's about to shatter like the vase.

She doesn't look in my direction so I step in further, closing the heavy door shut behind me. My eyes don't leave the broken girl as she moves her way to a tall bookshelf and she starts ripping books off, throwing them behind her.

"Cass, stop." I have to put an end to, whatever this is, but as the words leave my mouth, she screams again.

Running up to Cassidy, I wrap my arms around hers, stopping her from throwing more things around, but she fights my grip, swinging her arms back, trying to hit me.