New Start

*Cassidy POV*

"You can give Cassidy the keys and room number once I leave, okay? And help her take this stuff up to her apartment."

Corbyn and I stand around the boxes we packed of my belongings from his condo. This new apartment building is too lavish for my lifestyle. There's large revolving doors at the entrance and a kind gentleman behind a large desk at the front to help you with whatever is necessary. There's a large diamond chandelier hanging in the centre of the lobby, with two large elevators on either side of the large, black wooden desk.

Corbyn spins around to me, with his hands resting in his dress pants pockets. His eyes meet mine, but only for a second. He scans around the few boxes of my things.

"If I find anything else of yours, I'll leave it with Sawyer and he'll give it to you whenever he sees you." I look behind Corbyn, to see the tall man with jet black hair, gelled slightly to the right side, smiling lightly as he starts placing the boxes on a trolley.

"Please, don't do this." My voice pleads as I fight him on letting this be the end of us.

Break ups end in fights and screaming matches, not I love you's and I wish you well's. This doesn't feel like a break up, this feels like someone is forcing us to be apart, and that person is Corbyn. He's protecting me from everyone expect the one person that can do the most damage to me, myself.

"I have to, baby girl. I have to keep you safe, no matter what." Corbyn takes his hands from his pockets, and places them on the sides of my biceps before sliding them down and grabbing my hands.

"I love you, so fucking much, Cassidy, that's why I'm doing this. I love you too much to let you keep getting hurt over and over again because of who I am. Today, at the station proved exactly that. I don't want you mixed up in my mess more than you already are."

The vision of the man I love becomes blurred as the end of us nears.

"And I love you." Corbyn takes a look behind him and sees Sawyer with all my stuff piled onto the trolley and ready to take up to my new home.

"You should go, get settled in." Corbyn places a hand on my cheek, wiping his thumb under my eye to catch some of the tears.

"Please, don't leave." I beg as he places both his hands on my cheeks.

"I hope one day you find what you're looking for... I'm sorry that it wasn't me." Corbyn's lips meet mine and I have to force myself not to sob as my lips move in time with his. I try to memorize the grooves on his lips as I know this will be the last time I feel them against mine but I don't have enough time before he pulls away.

"Take care of her, Sawyer." Corbyn calls out with a raspy tone

"Yes sir."

"Please;" I wish I could put up more of a fight, but even if I did, I know his mind is set.

"I love you, baby girl." Corbyn takes a step away from me and he rolls his hands down his black button up shirt

"And I love you, so much Corbs."

I quickly wipe the tears from my eyes as I watch Corbyn begin to take steps away.

As Corbyn's dress shoes start clicking against the black granite floors as he walks away, he stops midway to the doors, his shoulders shrug as if he takes a deep breath.