Polaroid

*Cassidy POV*

"Cassidy, look at me."

I ignore Devonie and Jack's pleads to get me off the floor because I can't, I can't do it.

Everything in my body drained as I watched the video of Corbyn getting shot in the street. All the energy and hope I had, is now gone, it all left with him.

A strong hand gets placed under my chin, forcing me to look up from my knees, and I come face to face with Zach.

"Cassidy, I know how bad you're hurting right now, but I need you to help us find where Corbyn stashed all his guns." Zach let's go of my chin as he gives me a sympathetic look, but all I do is cry harder

"What?" I shake my head as Dev doesn't remove her arms from around my shaking body

"Just start looking!" Dev shouts and I lean myself against her.

I know what's going to happen, Corbyn told me about this. Police will be coming to the condo at any second, ready to search for anything that will help to use against him, well, I guess against me and his friends now. I'm not supposed to let them in without a warrant, but that's what Jack and Zach are here for, get rid of anything that can be used against us.

"He's gone, Dev."

My mind keeps replaying the video they played on the news. Why would they play that? What kind of fucking news station plays something like that?

"I'm so sorry, Cass." Dev whispers softly as she runs a hand through my hair.

He can't be gone, my body almost snaps with the change of emotion. This is just some sick joke. He's not gone, he'll be walking through that door any second now, ready to talk more about our baby.

"I need help here, I only found nine!" Zach's voice echos. We all know Corbyn hid ten.

"It's in the safe." My voice whispers through the heavy sobs as I begin to stand up.

"Cass, it's okay." Devonie tries to plead with me, to get me to stay with her, but I have to help, so none of us get arrested.

Nodding to Devonie, I leave her on the floor, and begin walking towards the stairs. I wrap my arms around my stomach, almost causing me to collapse on the floor, once again.

I'm fucking pregnant, and I'm fucking alone, again.

My foot hesitates to take the first step up to our bedroom, but I know the three of them are directly behind me. I let the tears continue to fall and I don't even try to mask the sounds of my cries as I take us up the stairs and into our bed room.

I walk directly towards the bed, and I climb onto the messed up silk blanket, towards the headboard, where a picture hangs just above it on the wall.

Jack and Zach grab either side of the large painting that I made Corbyn hang. The painting, being one Corbyn bought from the art gallery we once had a date at, he watched me stare at the painting for almost half an hour, and bought it for our new home.

The picture, being of two deer, in a large open field, surrounded by trees, I once loved, but now only reminds me of the safe house.

"Do I have to go to the safe house?" My voice is strained as the two men remove the painting from the wall, revealing the small safe.

"No, it'll be too suspicious if you disappear." Zach nods, and I get closer to the wall, to open the safe.

Looking at the small pin pad on the safe, and I fight back tears as I run my finger along the nine numbers.