Epilogue

*Corbyn POV*

"Hey, baby girl."

The look on Cassidy's face, is what I was expecting. It started off with shock, then anger, but now, it's hurt.

I take a step towards her, and my eyes go immediately to our growing baby. She's so big now, I hate that I missed out on watching our baby grow, but I needed to disappear, I needed to 'die' to make this work.

Cassidy opens her mouth to speak, but she shuts it, like a fish out of water. I raise my hands up to my shoulders, to show that I'm no harm to her as I take another step closer but she turns, and storms back towards the front door.

"Told you." Jordan snickers and I roll my eyes.

"Cass!" I am not losing her. Not again.

I follow her as she quickly walks through the house, and rushes to the front door. She slides herself through the door and tries closing it behind her, but she sees me through the glass, and leaves it, quickly walking away.

I push open the door, with little force, not wanting the glass to shatter, again. I follow Cassidy as she begins walking down the gravel driveway, and I just want to grab her hand to stop her, but I know the state that she's in. Touching her will only make matters worse.

"Cassidy! Let me explain!" My voice catches the attention of Jonah and Devonie, as Cassidy sees them, she stops walking towards them, clearly figuring out that they knew all along, and she stops in the middle of the driveway.

"Please, baby girl, let me explain." Cassidy spins around to face me, anger is clear on her face. She holds her left hand on our baby, and the right is balled into a fist. I close the space between us and I get punched in the chest, not fazing me.

I deserve it.

"How could you do that to me?! To us?!" She hits my chest again, and I let her. I left her, and our baby, alone, something I promised myself that I'd never do.

"The day I left the condo, for the last time, all of my plans changed when you told me you were pregnant." I grab Cassidy's hand, stopping her from hitting me again, so I'm able to tell my story.

"I was going to kill Johnson, but I knew deep down that it would only cause more problems for me, so I went to give him alternatives for the bullets he needed." I take a step closer to her, as tears don't stop leaving her eyes.

"When I couldn't find him, I called it a day, and went to take the boys out for a drink. Something in my gut was telling me that the day wasn't going to end well for me, so I called up Ricky, who everyone said could be my twin brother."

Ricky, stands just a bit taller than me, with shaggy brown hair, people always told me we could be long lost brothers, and he owed me, a lot. I got his family out of dept, from his gambling addiction, which was well over four hundred thousand dollars, he always told me that he owed me his life.

"Ricky and I swapped clothes when he arrived at the bar, and I snuck out the back, and headed straight to moms place. I don't know who filmed the video of Ricky getting shot, but it made my plan so much easier."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Cass doesn't fight her tears as she pulls her arm, trying to fight my grip, but I can't let her go.

"The cops have been watching you since, Cass, if you didn't look the slightest bit sad, they would've known. I needed this to look real, so we can be free."

"I could've pretended! I went over four months, hating myself, knowing I could never live without you!" She yells and I want her to get these emotions out, hoping that maybe it'll be easier for her to forgive me once all of this is out in the open.