Safe House

*Cassidy POV*

"Shh, she's sleeping" My eyes open lightly, seeing a black figure creep slowly towards my hospital bed.

"Quick! She's waking up!" I lightly rub my eyes and the view of Victor comes fully into my sight.

My eyes travel from his twisted face to his hands, that hold a syringe, sending a red liquid into my IV tube, going straight into my arm.

"Deep breaths, my dear, you'll be dead soon"

A scream pushes past my lips and my eyes shoot open wide. My eyes immediately go to my right arm, where my IV sits. I rip it out of my arm with difficultly with the cast.

"Hey, hey! You're okay, you're in the hospital" My tear filled eyes quickly look up to see Daniel, rushing to his feet and to my bedside.

The clear liquid from the IV drips onto the floor and I take a deep breath. It was just a dream.

"What time is it?" My eyes move quickly from the dripping fluid to Daniel, who stands frozen at the end of my bed.

"It's almost ten" Daniel shifts on his feet. I hate how nervous everyone is talking to me, everyone is so on edge, but I guess I would be too if they were in my position.

"Any word on Corbyn?"

There was no word on his well being when I fell asleep, but that was hours ago, he has to be out of surgery now, he has to be okay, now.

"He's out of surgery, he's just down the hall. He hasn't woken up yet, though" Daniel sighs as he takes a few steps back from me.

He hasn't woken up? Why hasn't he woken up yet? Maybe they're waiting for him to wake up on his own, and they're letting him rest. He was shot in the chest, he was obviously drained, he'll wake up soon.

"Look, Cassidy, there's something I have to tell you" I watch Daniel carefully as his body language becomes stranger. He places his hands in his black sweatpants pockets, balling his hands into tight fists. "I was the one-"

"Chip! Where are you?!" Daniel gets cut short by loud voices coming from outside my hospital room

"Ma'am, you need to lower your voice"

"Then tell me where Chip is!" Scarlett? What's she doing here?

"No one with that name is here"

"I call her Chip, some guy called her Cass, some dumb bitch called her Cassidy" Daniel looks at me with an eyebrow raised and he moves himself closer to the door.

"Cassidy is in that room, there" Daniel hides himself behind the door as it flies open.

"Chip!" Scarlett bursts in, dressed in a pair of light grey sweatpants and a baggy white shirt. It's odd not seeing her in the maids outfit, but I like it.

"What are you doing here?" I smile lightly as she rushes over to my bed, hugging me tightly.

"Humayra suggested that we all got checked out to make sure no one got hurt, the loud sounds and shit" Scarlett rolls her eyes as she sits down beside my legs in bed.

I smile lightly as I see Daniel peek out from beside the door, but what grabs my main focus is the man with long black hair and a body full of tattoos. Scarlett sees that I'm not paying attention and she looks to the door, not noticing Daniel as he slides back behind the open door.

"Dakota, get in here, you creep" Scarlett waves him in the room, but I slide back, getting further away from him in my bed.

"What is he-" I look back and forth between the two. I don't want to see anyone from Anthony's house here. Scarlett is okay, because she protected me from Anthony when I was in the bathroom, but Dakota, he probably still thinks I'm a prostitute