Wedding Plans

"Corbyn POV*

"Eben's restaurant?" I question Cassidy as I get in the passenger seat of my car.

She hasn't really said much since I asked her to marry me. I don't blame her, it was definitely a spur of the moment thing, but I'm not taking it back. I'll marry this girl in a heartbeat if she says yes.

"Yeah, let's go." Cassidy reverses out of the parking spot

I'm shocked she doesn't say anything about how we're dressed. It's a fancy place and she's dressed in sweatpants and baggy sweatshirt, normally she would've thought I was crazy if I offered a nice place dressed like this.

I watch Cassidy as we approach the restaurant, she chews on her bottom lip and that's when I know she's thinking too hard. Cassidy tends to over think, everything. She weighs out the pros and cons of everything she does, most of the time, and it usually does her no good.

Cassidy stops at the front of the restaurant and I see Carter ready to approach the car. Cassidy looks down at herself, then she looks slowly over to me.

"We can't go in there like this, we look homeless!" I knew this comment was coming.

"Would a homeless person spend two grand on a pair of sweatpants?" Cassidy gives me a disgusted look as I climb out of the car with a low chuckle.

"You spent two thousand dollars on a pair of sweatpants?" Cassidy scolds me as she rounds the car

"Why not?" I look down to my attire, questioning my choices

"My sweatpants cost ten dollars from Target. Your sweatpants cost two thousand dollars." Cassidy points to her pants, then mine. "Do you know what the difference is?"

"No?" Where is she going with this?

"Yours have a tiny little logo by your ankle. You paid two grand for a logo the size of my fingernail-"

"Oh my god, let's just go eat!"

I chuckle as I grab Cassidy's hips and spin her around to the restaurant doors. Cassidy says thank you to Carter as he takes my keys from her hand and I give him a nod as we walk past him.

Just like every time I walk in this place, waiters stop what they're doing and scurry over to the hostess podium. Cassidy isn't as afraid as she was the first time, but she still grabs ahold of my hand for comfort.

"Table for two." I tap the podium as the chick with chocolate brown eyes doesn't look up to us.

"It'll be a two hour wait." Waiters that came rushing over gasp as she talks to me like that.

Everyone thinks I'll freak out and kill them on spot, and maybe I would've in the past, hell, I definitely would've done that in the past, but not with Cassidy by my side.

A waiter whispers in the girls ear and her eyes immediately snap up to me. Her hands begin to shake and she breaks eye contact almost immediately.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Besson. Would you like your usual table?" This makes Cassidy giggle under her breath.

"Please."

Waiters run off in a hurry and I watch from my place as they interrupt a couple eating their late lunch. One of the waitresses points towards me and I give a light nod. As soon as the couple sees me, I watch fear paint over their faces. They nod quickly and get up from the table.

Fear is a fantastic power to hold.

"Right this way." As we walk through the crowded restaurant, I almost laugh at everyone wearing fancy suits and dresses. This is a place where it's required to wear your best attire, but me being me, no one has the guts to tell me what I'm supposed to wear.