Girlfriend

*Corbyn POV*

"Have you asked her yet?"

Jonah's voice isn't the one I want to be listening to at six o'clock in the evening, but here I am, filling out paper work with my phone on speaker, to hear him complain that I haven't asked Cassidy to be my girlfriend yet.

"No." I push my glasses higher onto my nose as they slowly slip from looking down for so long

"Why not? You're just gonna fuck her all the time and leave her hanging? She seems like the type that wants commitment and shit."

"It's been working so far." I'm not about to give Jonah the ins and outs of our relationship, he's lucky he even knows that we fucked a few times.

I have a plan to ask Cassidy, but no moment has seemed good enough. I'm not going to ask her at work because that's just weird. I'm not going to ask her after we have sex because then she'll probably think too far into it and probably think I'm only asking her to fill her needs of a relationship, if she even has any.

Or maybe I'm the one thinking too far into it.

"Be a man, ask her to be your girlfriend!" Jonah chuckles and I don't know why he thinks I'll take relationship advice from him, he hasn't been in a relationship for almost three years, and it didn't exactly end nicely.

"Hey boss?" Daniel knocks on my office door and I throw down my black pen

"Yeah?" I lean back in my chair, rolling my neck back for it to crack

"There's a lady here, with a baby.. She's asking to speak with you."

"Awh shit, what did you do?" Jonah laughs

"Tell her it's not mine, tell her to leave." I take the glasses off my face, throwing them onto my desk

"She's asking about Justin."

Everyone goes silent as Daniel mentions Justin's name. His name hasn't been brought up since the day after I killed him. I didn't want him brought up because of the shit he's done to Cassidy, she doesn't need the constant reminder of a man she trusted, only to abuse her.

"Send her in, but keep Dove busy!" I yell back through the door

"Don't hang up! I wanna hear this!" Jonah snickers but I keep him on the line, so if something happens, I somewhat have a witness.

Shortly after, a small tap comes through my door and I yell a swift come in.

This has to be Justin's baby mama, right? My mind races trying to figure out who he might have told that he was coming here.

A tall Asian woman comes bursting through my office door with a baby strapped to her chest. Her long black hair and navy blue pants suit make her look important, as if I should be standing as she enters. I stay seated.

My eyes go to the baby, no older than six months. I smirk as my eyes go back up to the woman, I've never seen her before, definitely not my baby

"How can I help you?" I lean slightly forward in my seat, trying to make it seem like I'm actually interested in whatever this is

"Do you know where my fiancé is?" The background to Justin just keeps getting weirder and weirder.

"Who's your fiancé?" I raise an eyebrow as this lady doesn't seem to want to take a seat

"Justin Simins." Like I said, fucking weird. "He told me he was meeting with you, I haven't seen him since."

"We met for a bit, he had an unfortunate past with one of my dancers, I sent him on his way." It would be awfully satisfying if I could tell her I bashed the pathological liar's head in, but she looks like some damn FBI agent and I don't need them on my ass too