Poison

*Cassidy POV*

"Dove, are you awake?"

I didn't sleep. How could I? The muffled chatter outside my room kept me awake, the events of yesterday kept me awake. The thought of no one knowing I'm missing kept me awake, the thought of a baby growing inside of me kept me awake.

"Everyone's having breakfast downstairs, I thought you'd might like to join us" Anthony walks around the bedside, holding a phone down in front of me.

As I'm curled up under the blanket, with only my face peeking out of the covers, I look to Anthony, before looking back to the phone.

I sit up slowly, keeping the covers close to my body. The phone looks like a horrible knock off iPhone that one would get at the gas station.

"Is this a trick?" I look to Anthony as he takes a seat at the end of the bed.

"You can call her, but it has to be on speaker. If you say anything that suggests what's going on, I'll hang up and you go back to having no trust, okay?" You can tell that this isn't the route he wanted to go to too get me to talk to him, but he seems to feel like it's necessary. I don't even know him, but I blame his father.

"Okay"

I watch Anthony unlock the phone, using the password, 5923, but I pretend like I wasn't looking. He goes to the call button and hands me the phone.

I quickly dial in the number for the care home. I put the phone to my ear before I remember him saying it had to be on speaker. I pull the phone away, pressing the speaker button.

"Chesterwood Care Home, how can I help you?" It's almost bitter sweet hearing Nora's voice on the other end of the call.

"Hey Nora, it's Cassidy" My eyes begin to water as I fight the urge to scream for help

"Cassidy! How are you? The ladies are beginning to miss playing cards with you" I look up to Anthony, seeing a small smile on his lips

"I'm good, how's gramma? I'm sorry I haven't made a payment in a while, I don't know when I'll be able to make it in" I'm mainly just really hoping this whole thing doesn't get her kicked out of the home, she needs to be there.

"Oh, sweetpea, someone made a payment not too long ago, you only owe a few hundred right now. Don't worry about it, she'll be good here for a while"

Someone made a payment, paying off almost sixteen thousand dollars for me?

"Was it Corbyn?" Tears leave my eyes as I think of Corbyn doing something like that for me.

"They wanted to stay anonymous, I'm sorry"

It has to be Corbyn. He'd never tell me he paid for it because he knew how much I hated him paying for things for me. He's also the only one I know who has that much disposable income.

"Oh, look who just walked in- Hi sweetheart. I'll be with you in a second, I'm just talking to your sister" Shit.

My eyes snap from the phone to Anthony, who looks like he's getting stressed. He scrunches up his face and he clasps his hands together tightly on his lap.

"You're talking to Cass? Let me talk to her!" Calum stresses, does he know I'm gone?

"Hang up." Anthony orders, but my hands don't seem to move

"Cassidy?! Where are you? Are you okay? Who are you with?"

"Cal-" Anthony rips the phone from my hand, flinging it to the wall beside the closet door, letting the phone smash into pieces

Well, there goes my plans of getting into the phone to call for help.

"I said hang up!" He shouts and I flinch back in the bed, gripping tightly onto the blanket.