Biggest Mistake

*Corbyn POV*

"She still hasn't left her apartment.. How long do you want me to sit here for?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, did you have something to do today?" I take a long drag off my cigarette as I sit in my office chair, rapidly bouncing my leg

"Well, no-"

"Then you stay there until I say so" I hang up on Jack, who sits waiting to maybe catch a glimpse of Cassidy.

I'm worried about her, of course I am. She was right, if I didn't trust her alone at my condo, how could I possibly be comfortable with her living alone?

I can't just have someone go up to check on her, that would be the complete opposite of what I told myself that I was going to do. She's free to do what she pleases but I just want to know that she's okay. That's why I've had someone stationed outside the apartment building for the last few days. If they see her, I'll be the first to know.

I had Jack hack into her phone, and my own, getting him to make sure we won't be able to call each other, but l've still been trying to call. I just want it to work, at least once, just so I can hear her voice, hear her say my name and to let me know that she's okay.

Grumbling deeply, I twist off the cap of my new bottle of whiskey and I take a large sip. My vision is already blurred, I don't think I've been sober all week and I don't want to be.

Letting Cassidy go, was probably one of the biggest mistakes I've made in my life, so far. I want her here, with me, always, but I can't. I can't have that. To keep Cassidy safe, she needs to stay away from me. I know this feeling won't last forever but I deserve for it to.

I haven't left the club since I left her. As soon as I dropped Cassidy off at her new apartment building, I came here and I haven't left since. I know if I went back to my condo, everything will hit ten times worse. All her stuff is gone, I saw how empty my apartment was once we packed all her things, and it didn't look any different from before she moved in, but I liked having her there. All her stuff made my place feel like home, but it's no longer a home without her.

Ashing out my burnt out cigarette, I reach into the pocket of my suit jacket and I pull out my pack. Pulling out the last cigarette in the pack, that I just opened a few hours ago. I toss the empty packaging in the garbage beside my desk, along with the empty bottle of whiskey, to make room for the new one.

My phone begins to vibrate on my desk as I light my cigarette. I take a deep inhale as I answer Jack's call.

"What?" I blow the smoke towards a vent in my ceiling, placed specifically there for this reason.

"I see her-"

"Where? What's she doing?" My body releases its tension now that I finally know that she's okay, and alive.

"She's getting into an SUV, with an old guy" Where the fuck is she going? And with who?

"Follow her, call me back when you find out what she's doing, or where she's going. Fuck. Just make sure she's okay" My voice almost breaks when I think about Cassidy in danger again.

"I will, don't worry." Jack is the only one who understands what's going on with me. Well, I wouldn't say he understands because I don't even fucking understand.

I told myself this is for her safety, but the only time I wasn't concerned for her safety, was when she was beside me. I know I would've protected that girl with my life but I somehow came to the conclusion that she was better protected without me.

Am I fucking stupid? Yeah, probably.

It's too late now, I can't take back what's been done. She'll be okay, she has to be okay.