Christmas

*Corbyn POV*

My hands sweat profusely as I grab onto my phone. I'm nervous as hell. Cassidy is meeting my family today, and we aren't even together.

This is stupid, isn't it? My family thinks we're still together, but Cassidy doesn't know that. If they bring up us dating, I have no idea what I'll do.

I dial Cassidy's number into my phone and my hands shake as I pull the phone up to my ear. I wish I had something to calm my nerves, but I know the only thing that will, all I need is for her to answer the phone.

"I'm not going!" Cassidy shouts as soon as she answers the phone.

"Cass, what's going on?" I'm almost disappointed that that's what she says first. I really want to spend the day with her.

"I got a bottle of wine, but that's not enough, Corbyn. It's Christmas and I didn't even get your siblings anything-"

"Cass, I told you that I'd say my presents are from the both of us." I lightly shake my head as I casually look out my car window, towards her apartment building.

"Well, if you let me finish, that's not the only issue." She sasses

"What's the other issue?" I catch myself smiling at just her voice, even with her sassing me, I'll take it.

"I don't know what to wear."

"Cass-"

"No! Don't 'Cass' me! I'm meeting your fucking family! I can't be too casual and I can't be too formal!" Cassidy sighs and I hear her throwing clothes off hangers.

"Do you want me to come help you?"

I shouldn't have asked that. Part of me still doesn't want to know what apartment she's in. If I somehow fuck this up again, I know the stupid shit I'll do. I'll probably get drunk again and stumble my way to her door.

"No... Yes please, top floor, apartment 1074." Too late.

"I'll be right there."

Stepping out of my car with a hop in my step, I'm quick to cross the street, pulling at my black hoodie as a cool breeze hits.

I let out a quiet breath as I enter her apartment building and Sawyer is quick to his feet when he sees me.

"Can I help you, Mr. Besson?" He seems shocked to see me, but I'm not surprised. I told him I wouldn't be around here again after I dropped Cassidy off.

"Just going to see Cassidy, at ease." I chuckle lightly as I walk right past him, towards the elevator.

"I don't think that's appropriate-"

"Excuse me?" I cock my head back to the asshole who questions me after I press the button to go up.

"You two broke up, she's doing just fine without you." This guy has some damn nerve.

"Watch yourself, Sawyer. I wouldn't be here without reason." I step into the elevator as the doors ding open. I wish I brought a gun, strike a little fear in the kid.

When I make it to the hundredth floor, I glance around the hallway, seeing only a few apartments, when I told Sawyer to hook her up, he really did. There's only about six apartments on this floor.

I walk towards the door that says 1074, but before I even get the chance to knock, the door swings open.

Cassidy is dressed in only a red silk robe and a pair of fuzzy pink socks. Her hair is still wet from a recent shower and it's pulled into a small pony tail.

"Help me." Her voice pleads before she eyes me up and down. "That's what you're wearing?"

I look down to my causal attire. I'm in a pair of black joggers and a loose white tee shirt. I'm in a casual pair of white Nikes and my black hoodie over top, with a few chains around my neck.