Hope

*Cassidy POV*

The sound of one of the doors lightly creaks open and low voices travel down one the staircases. I force myself to place my head down and rest it on my knees as this suddenly feels like life or death.

I guess I felt somewhat safe being down here with all these girls, but that's all changed now that people actually found the safe room.

The girls go quiet as footsteps start coming down the steps. I don't dare move my head or even open my eyes as Scarlett places a hand on my back. I begin to rock myself side to side to keep myself from shaking too bad but I know I probably look insane.

"Cass?" I'm quick to pick up my head and I have to blink rapidly to adjust my eyes from seeing stars.

When my hazy vision comes back into focus, my heart aches as I see the six foot one, brunette, that I've been imagining in my head all day.

Corbyn smiles lightly towards me as I tilt my head to the left. Is he really here? Is he really standing in front of me?

Scarlett squeezes my shoulder as I see her look back and forth between the two of us from the corner of my eye. Corbyn's actually here. He really did come for me.

"Corbyn?" I smile weakly as he stop in front of me. I look behind him seeing Jack, Zach and Daniel.

My heart pumps a little faster as I smile wider. Corbyn brought people to come get me. I don't know why that's such a big shock to me. I guess the way we ended, I didn't think he cared, or anyone really cared, for that matter.

Corbyn bends down, placing his warm hand on my cold knees as his eyes scan over my face. I probably look like shit, to be honest. The black eye and busted up face isn't a good look on me.

Corbyn doesn't necessarily look good either. The large bags under his eyes give me the indication that he hasn't slept in days, he's got a fat lip, most likely from biting it too hard and he's covered in blood.

"I told you I was coming to get you, didn't I?" Corbyn grabs my broken hand, rubbing a thumb on the back of it and I hiss in pain, pulling my hand away.

I haven't got my hand checked out or put in a cast like the doctor suggested when I got here. I haven't had the time, I haven't even wanted to leave the damn bathroom most of my stay here.

A large silhouette catches my eye from one of the stair cases to the right side of the room, behind Corbyn. Anthony comes into the light and I have to stop my eyes from opening wide in fear.

Anthony places a finger over his mouth for me to be quiet before he points to Corbyn and runs the finger across his throat.

I gulp loudly as I quickly look back to Corbyn. I have to get him out of here before he gets hurt. I can't let him get hurt because of me, I'd never be able to forgive myself if something happened to him.

"You have to go" I push him away and it's like I watch his heart break in pieces.

I don't mean to be harsh, but he needs to go before Anthony kills him.

There has to be a better way of telling him to watch out without Anthony knowing I'm helping him. I look back to Anthony and then back to Corbyn, making my eyes go wider, but he doesn't notice. His eyes are closed shut as he takes a deep breath.

When his stormy eyes open again, I almost get lost in the clouds that glow in his irises.

"Cassidy-"

I scrunch up my face as I feel wetness splatter across my face and my left ear begins to burn. A loud sound in the small room makes my ears ring so loud, the sound begins to hurt my head.