Cold Blood

*Cassidy POV*

"This is the last one on my list, so if you don't like this one, I'll look for more but do not feel pressured into liking this one." Corbyn squeezes my hand as the realtor unlocks the door.

We've gone to six different condos, and I've found something to hate in all of them. The kitchen was too small, or the layout of the bathroom wasn't right, the windows were too small or the bedroom shape was funny. I don't know if it was the condos that I hated or if it has something to do with me not wanting to let go.

Corbyn is so set on moving, because he knows that it'll only cause me grief every time I walk towards the kitchen. I can't get Calum out of my head, no matter where I am in the condo, and it's really taking a toll on the both of us.

I know Corbyn stays awake until I fall asleep first, and since most of my nights are sleepless, so are his. He goes to do stuff for Indefinite with no sleep and that only makes him angrier, but never towards me, it's always towards other people.

"This condo has, two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a large kitchen. The master bedroom has its own walk in closet and an en suite bathroom on the second floor."

The realtors voice trails off as I step into the large condo. Stepping straight into the living room with high ceilings, my eyes get lost in the view from the large windows that take up most of the outer wall. I step further in, pulling Corbyn with me as he doesn't let go of my hand. My small black heels click against the dark hardwood floors and my short, black pencil skirt rubs lightly on my thighs.

"Do you want to check out the bedroom?" Corbyn whispers lightly and I nod my head, not taking my eyes off the view from the 150th floor, the top floor.

Corbyn spins me around and that's when I notice the stairs near the front door, that lead to a small second level. On the small second level to the condo, is just the master bedroom, with a large bathroom with a bathtub and separate shower, and double sinks. The walk in closet is pretty much the same as it is in the condo we live in now, but maybe twice it's size.

"How do you like it?" Alyssa, the long haired brunette asks, as she finishes giving us a tour of the condo.

"What do you think?" Corbyn asks, giving my hand a squeeze.

He doesn't care where we live, he doesn't mind if we live in some extravagant place or a cardboard box, he just wants me to like it. He wants me to feel safe and welcome, in our home, so he's letting me pick everything.

"I really like it." And I do, I'd change the colour of the walls, from black, to something more welcoming, but everything I don't like I can change over time, there's nothing major to change right now.

"Get the paper work, we'll take it."

"Perfect-"

"What?" Just like that?

"Do you see yourself living here?" Corbyn grabs ahold of my hips, lifting me on to the black granite kitchen island, and he steps between my legs, sending my skirt higher on to my thighs.

"Well, yes, but we don't need a two bedroom, it's more expensive." I know Corbyn will pay for the condo, without taking any money from me, and I hate it.

I still have some of the money left from the shit Christmas present I tried to give Corbyn, he still refuses to take the money, but I've been using some to pay for groceries or something for Corbyn that I've seen that reminded me of him.

"What if one of our friends want to stay over? We can use it as a guest room, or an office. Maybe we can even use it as a nursery someday." My hands that are rested on Corbyn's shoulders drop down to my lap and my eyes immediately follow. "Alyssa, give us a minute."