Prologue

(Series 1)

Your POV

You sighed, pulling down your long sleeves. You stared at yourself in the mirror, blowing a strand of loose hair out of your face. Any minute now and Kagome would come in, letting you know it was time to go to school.

You sighed again, brushing your short, fluffy hair with your hand. You adjusted your collar, grumbling with annoyance. As a final touch, you put on a silver ring with a nod.

You heard a knock on the door. There's Kagome, you mused, humming. For once you had finished getting ready before she knocked...

You made your way over and opened the door, surprising Kagome slightly. She blinked for a second, before giving you a closed-eye smile and grabbing your hand, shutting the door behind you.

The two of you ran out of the house, about to make your way to school as Sota called out for Buyo, the family cat. You and Kagome thought nothing of it, until the two of you spotted him by the hidden shrine where the Bone Eaters Well was placed.

"Oi, Sota, you're not supposed to be there!" You called out to him, making him jump and turn to look at the two of you as you came up.

"I-I know," he stammered, glancing away. "But, it's the cat!" He exclaimed, pointing inside.

"Is he inside?" Kagome asked, cocking her head. Sota nodded. "Well, why don't you go inside?" Kagome questioned.

"Wha- Why do I have to go?!" Sota exclaimed fearfully, backing away. You rolled your eyes, carefully pushing the two of them out of the way. Glancing at them, you walked inside, surprised to see Kagome following closely behind.

"Buyo!" You called, Kagome joining in. The two of you searched inside the dark shrine, Sota watching.

Suddenly, there was a sound from the shrine, causing Sota and Kagome to yell fearfully. Your eyes widened slightly, but you finally spotted the cat by Kagome's feet.

"There he is," you said, pointing at Kagome's legs.

"Ah, there you are," Kagome murmured, picking him up. "There, that wasn't so scary now was it?" She teased, turning to face Sota.

To you and Kagome's surprise, he pointed at Kagome, his eyes wide with fear. Neither of you understood why until Kagome was suddenly grabbed and dragged down into the well.

Your eyes widened.

"Sota! Let mom and grandpa know!" You ordered, turning to face your younger sibling.

"W-what are you gonna do?" He stammered, rising to his feet.

"I'm gonna show that scum what happens when they mess with my family," you smirked, cracking your knuckles. Sota gulped with a nod before running off.

As soon as he was gone, you peered down into the well. You saw no sign of Kagome, but you jumped in anyway, unsure of what you might see.

You growled, climbing out of the well. There was an arm at the bottom, but still no sign of Kagome. With a huff, you managed to get out, flopping down on the grass.

Sighing, you got to your feet. Wait... Grass? Looking around, you realized everything was different. You were surrounded by trees, and soft green grass lay under your feet.

Looking behind you, you noticed a silver-haired young man in a bright red kimono pinned to a tree. You walked up to him, curious.

The first thing you noticed was that he appeared to be sleeping, but it didn't surprise you as much as the dog ears on his head.

You blinked, reaching up your arms. You stopped yourself. What are you doing? You needed to find Kagome!

Huffing you climbed down from the tree, facing back towards the well, surprised to find a group of men armed with bows and arrows, which, by the way, they were pointing at you.

You rolled your eyes, holding your arms up. Maybe this could work though...

"Hey! Have any of you seen a girl around my age with long black hair and brown eyes? She was wearing a green skirt along with a white, long-sleeved shirt," you explained, lowering your arms.

The men whispered to themselves for a second before nodding. One of them came up to you, offering his hand. With some hesitance, you took it, and the male lead you away.

Kagome's POV

Kagome sighed, causing Kaede to look at her.

"What's wrong child?" Kaede asked, setting down her bowl of stew.

"I'm just worried about my younger brother and sister," Kagome murmured, glancing at the door.

"Aye my child, as the oldest it is normal to feel that way," Kaede mused.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. Kaede yelled a quick, 'come in!' and a young man entered the small house. To Kagome's surprise, Y/n was following close behind him.

"Y/n! What are you doing here?!" Kagome exclaimed, rising to her feet and giving Y/n a hug.

"I wanted to know you were okay," Y/n huffed, pushing Kagome back slightly. "Now, would anyone mind explaining to me what in the world is going on?"