Chapter 22

Your POV

Save Kikyo? Are you serious Kagome? You huffed, riding on Kirara along with Sango, Shippo and Kagome.

The eight of you were following some of Kikyo's soul gatherers, knowing they would lead to not only Kikyo, but Naraku as well.

Suddenly, miasma surrounded you, and everyone had disappeared. You walked on in silence, unsure of what to think.

Then, before you stood Naraku. He turned to you with a smirk, but said nothing.

"N-Naraku?" You stammered. "Where did everyone else go?"

"They are lost in the spell of Illusory Death. Trapped in their own fear and doubt," he explained, glancing away. "However, you and your sister seem unaffected."

"Kagome has the shards of the Shikon Jewel," you murmured. "But she also the reincarnation of Kikyo."

"So she is," he muttered. "But you are different from her. You have no shards or power of a priestess within you. So why aren't you affected?"

You shrugged. "If I had to guess I'd say it's because I'm already trapped in my own mind."

"What do you mean by that?" He questioned, narrowing his eyes. You huffed and glanced away.

"That's not important. Tell me, Naraku... That day... Why did you let me leave?" You inquired, eyeing him warily.

"Would you rather have stayed?" He asked.

"I-I guess," you shrugged. "Staying with Kagome and the others doesn't feel right anymore. Strange, huh? I'd rather be with the enemy than my own sister," you chuckled. Naraku smirked.

"Come, then. If that is what you want. Think carefully though. If you stay with me, you will never join back with your sister," he warned, catching you by surprise. You weren't expecting that, but you stayed silent for a moment to think. But in the end, you already knew your answer.

Without a moment's hesitation, you walked up to him. Naraku smirked again, but said nothing more. Grabbing your hand, the two of you walked in the darkness.

Inuyasha's POV

"Kagome! Y/n!" Inuyasha called, looking around. He had Miroku get Sango and Shippo, but the two sisters were nowhere to be found.

"Kagome!" He yelled louder.

"Inuyasha?" It was faint. But Kagome heard him. Down there! He exclaimed and jumped down the hole.

"There you are Kagome!" He exclaimed in relief, helping the girl to her feet.

"Are you okay Inuyasha? Is everyone else okay?" Kagome asked, frantic.

"I'm fine. Miroku went off to get Shippo and Sango."

"And Y/n?" Kagome's eyes glittered with worry. Inuyasha glanced away.

"I-I couldn't find her," he stammered.

"We need to find her! She could be in danger!" Kagome exclaimed, eyes wide with concern.

"I know. But first, let's get out of here." Kagome climbed onto Inuyasha's back, and he jumped out of the hole.

There, in front of them stood Kikyo.

"Where's my sister?!" Kagome snapped, surprising Kikyo.

"Your sister?" The priestess echoed, curiosity and confusion shining in her gaze. Then she snapped her fingers.

"That's right. Naraku did mention a young girl. Was she your sister? But no, I haven't seen her. She must've fallen to the spells power," Kikyo said, eyeing Kagome.

Kagome flinched from her gaze. Inuyasha's eyes flashed with worry.

"Did you try to kill Kagome?" Imuyasha asked, turning his gaze to Kikyo.

"Yes, I did. What're gonna do about it? Kill me?" She questioned, raising her chin. Inuyasha said nothing. Kikyo huffed before walking away, leaving Inuyasha and Kagome alone.

"I'm sorry Inuyasha. She took my Jewel shards," Kagome murmured.

"It's okay," Inuyasha soothed, bending down to give her a hug.

"Are you two done?" Miroku suddenly asked. Inuyasha and Kagome turned to find him carrying Sango, Shippo and Kirara on his back.

"Did you see Y/n?" Kagome asked worriedly, standing up.

"No. I'm sorry Kagome, but I searched all over the place. She was nowhere to be found," Miroku explained, shaking his head.

Kagome's POV

Kagome's eyes flashed with worry. Neither Miroku nor Inuyasha were able to find her sister. Even Kikyo had no idea as to where she might be.

As the miasma cleared away, and Sango, Shippo and Kirara awoke, they began to search.

Inuyasha sniffed along the ground before looking up, a growl rumbling deep in his throat.

"This way!" He barked before running along the scent trail, Kagome and everyone else following close behind him.

Suddenly, Inuyasha stopped. His eyes sparked with confusion and he sniffed at the ground again.

"Inuyasha? What's wrong?" Kagome asked, taking a step towards him.

"Their scent. It stops here," he muttered, getting to his feet.

"Their scent?" Kagome echoed.

"Yeah," Inuyasha narrowed his eyes. "Naraku was here. And it seems Y/n went with him willingly."