Chapter 42

Kagome's POV

They all sat at the dinner table. Grandpa and Sota were both chatting quietly with each other, while Mom stared down at her food. Y/n rested her head gently on Kagome's shoulder, giving her older sister comfort without words. Kagome set her plate down and gave her sister a quick hug, giving the girl time to move before picking her plate back up and leaving.

Kagome liked being around her family again, but something just didn't sit right with her. Like a hole had opened up in her heart after leaving Inuyasha; a hole that couldn't be fixed. Her heart ached with sadness that came with the hole, filling her body like water. She just didn't know if it would ever go away.

Your POV

As soon as Kagome was gone, you picked up your own plate and left as well. You hadn't eaten much, but something about Kagome's mood soured your appetite. Or maybe it was the anger you felt towards Inuyasha for upsetting your sister so badly.

While you made your way to your room, you wondered if you could ever forgive Inuyasha. The more you thought about it, you decided that you couldn't. You gave him more than enough chances, and he ruined all of them by going back to Kikyo.

You sighed. Of course. First it was Naraku who broke your trust, who you loved, then Inuyasha broke your trust, who Kagome loved. Honestly, what the Hell is wrong with guys? Well, at least Miroku and Sango were doing fine.

As you got ready for bed, your mind wandered back to Naraku. Even though he broke your trust, you just couldn't help but love him. And as you closed your eyes to sleep, you wondered if it was the same for Kagome with Inuyasha.

(Couple of days later)

Knock knock knock. You groaned. Who on Earth was knocking on your door?

Upon opening it, you were surprised to see Kagome. She had a soft smile on her face, and her eyes looked a little red, almost as if she had been crying. You looked at her, confused. She said nothing, only grabbing your hand and pointing in the direction of the Bone Eater's Well. That's when you saw the container of Jewel shards in her hand, and you nodded.

You took a quick moment to strap your dagger to your thigh before following Kagome out of the house and to the Well. The two of you exchanged a glance before jumping in.

Inuyasha's POV

Inuyasha took in a deep breath before opening his eyes. He turned his gaze towards the Well, only to see Kagome and Y/n climbing out. He was a little surprised, but stayed hidden until Y/n nodded and walked away.

As soon as she was gone, Inuyasha approached Kagome. The girl heard and turned to face him, a soft smile on her face and a sad look in her eyes. She stood up and walked up to him, the smile fading from her face. She looked down.

"No matter how much I try to, I just can't forget you Inuyasha," Kagome said in a hushed tone. Inuyasha's eyes widened.

"So, can I ask you a simple question? Will you let me stay with you?"

Your POV (Again)

You smiled as Inuyasha nodded. With that done, you walked away.

(Word count: 560)