Chapter 46

Your POV

"Oh, aren't you cocky," you sneered, breaking free from your captive's grasp. You turned and stabbed him in the side. "But I'm not so easily defeated. Now tell me, who do you think you are?" You took a step towards the demon, glaring at anyone who came close.

"I'm the great demon Gatenmaru," the demon introduced. "Do you happen to be a friend of the little man and that monk?"

"Yes, I am. And I do happen to know that the "little man" is gonna break out of that cocoon and kick your ass," you hissed, knowing who he was talking about. Gatenmaru smirked.

"Oh really? How can you be so sure?" He asked. And before you could answer a young, masculine voice called out.

"Grandpa!" The little boy screamed. You turned to see him, Sango, Kirara and Kagome had arrived. The boy ran to his grandpa, who was on the ground with the Tessaiga about to be stabbed by a couple of bandits.

The distraction gave the old man enough time to get up and hand Tessaiga to Kagome.

"Here, give the sword to your friend," he rasped. Kagome nodded, but before she could do anything Gatenmaru spoke up.

"My my, aren't you a delectable little woman." You all looked at him, but it seems someone wasn't having it as Inuyasha burst through the cocoon.

You and Kagome were relieved until the two of you noticed that he had transformed. Gatenmaru noticed the change, but didn't seem too threatened. He merely changed into his true forn, which happened to be a giant, blue, fluffy moth. You snickered.

Gatenmaru hit Inuyasha with what looked to be air, but Inuyasha jumped out of the way. Gatenmaru was clearly too stupid to see that his target had dodged his attack.

"Goodbye little man," he sneered.

"You talking about me?" Inuyasha growled, causing everyone to look up. And before Gatenmaru had a chance to move, Inuyasha had his wings sliced off.

Everyone watched as Inuyasha sliced up Gatenmaru, killing the moth demon before turning to the bandits. No one, not even Kagome, could get through to the half-demon as he slaughtered the bandits one by one.

As if to make matters worse, Sesshomaru showed up. Inuyasha growled at his older brother, but Sesshomaru said nothing. Instead, the silver-haired demon pulled out his sword and pointed it at Inuyasha as the half-demon ran towards him.

"He's gonna get himself killed," you murmured, eyes wide. Kagome looked at you with sorrowful eyes, but you said nothing. There was nothing you could do in this situation.

The battle between the brothers continued before Inuyasha was finally pushed back by the power of Sesshomaru's sword. Kagome ran towards the fallen half-demon before falling towards her knees.

"Stop! Please," she cried, looking at Sesshomaru. Immediately ran in front of her and spread your arms as an attempt to shield your sister, Miroku and Sango following suit.

"You could've killed him," Miroku muttered. "Why did you stop?! I can't imagine you've suddenly grown feelings for your brother!"

"I will kill him someday," Sesshomaru stated. "But what's the use if he isn't himself?" He turned to Kagome. "If you wish him to stop then give him the Tessaiga before he wakes up." And with those words, he turned around and left.

You growled and turned to Kagome just as she placed the Tessaiga into Inuyasha's open palm. And before you knew it, Inuyasha was awake.

(Small timeskip)

"I did this?" Inuyasha asked as you all looked out at the burnt village.

"You don't remember?" Kagome asked gently. Inuyasha frowned and shook his head.

"Stop! He's a demon!" A feminine voice rang out. You all looked up to see the young boy being held back by two women. The boy growled before shoving them away.

"I don't care if he is a demon!" The boy snapped. "He helped chase away the bad men!"

"No," Inuyasha murmured, just loud enough for you and Kagome to hear. "I hunted those men down."

And with those words, you just couldn't help but feel bad for him.

(Word count: 688)