Chapter 41

Naraku's POV

Naraku growled. Although he was in love with Y/n, the cowardly heart of Onigumo still yearned for the priestess Kikyo. He had to stop it. But how?

Your POV

Shippo stopped the two of you at the well, pleading for you to stay. Kagome turned to look at him with a soft smile.

"Don't worry Shippo, we're just going back for more medical supplies. We'll be back soon, but don't tell Inuyasha that, okay?" Kagome told the fox demon, placing a finger over her mouth, almost as if to shush him.

You weren't surprised. Kagome had already told you that on the way to the well.

Anyways, Shippo gave Kagome a small nod and walked away. With that done, you and Kagome hopped down into the well, heading back home.

Inuyasha's POV

Inuyasha paid little attention to what everyone else was saying, but after being told to stop fidgeting he got to his feet and stomped out of the hut.

The half-demon walked into the forest, only to stop as Kikyo came running out. He was surprised, and looked up to find a giant soul collector chasing after her.

"Kikyo, why is that thing chasing you?" Inuyasha asked, grabbing the priestess by her shoulders. Kikyo glared at him.

"The heart of Onigumo still beats within Naraku," Kikyo huffed, as if that it explained it all. Well, it worked for Inuyasha.

With a growl, he unsheathed the Tessaiga and cut the giant soul collector in half. The souls from within the demon were grabbed by Kikyo's soul collectors and returned to her.

And for now, that is where Kikyo and Inuyasha stayed.

Your POV (Again)

You and Kagome climbed out of the well, only to hear voices. You placed a hand on the hilt of your dagger and the two of you carefully made your way towards the voices.

Upon arriving, the two of you hid behind a tree after seeing Inuyasha with Kikyo. You growled silently under your breath while Kagone cupped a hand over her mouth.

Inuyasha and Kikyo talked for a bit longer until the half-demon hugged the priestess. Your anger spiked, but you kept silent while the soul collectors wrapped themselves around Kikyo and lifted her off the ground, leaving Inuyasha to beg for her to stay.

After the priestess was gone, Kagome emerged from her tree, surprising Inuyasha. Inuyasha took a step towards your sister, almost as if to say something, but Kagome wouldn't have it. She whirled around and ran off towards the well, leaving you and Inuyasha behind.

You stepped out from behind your tree, glaring at Inuyasha. The half-demon looked even more surprise. Once more, he opened his mouth to say something, but you quickly cut him off.

"Shut it!" You spat. He took a step back in surprise and his eyes widened.

"Y/n," he murmured. You growled.

"I said, shut it!" You darted towards him, grabbing the collar of his kimono and planting your dagger against his neck. His gaze looked somber.

"Honestly Inuyasha, what the Hell is wrong with you?! Kagome's the nicest person you've ever met, and you're still going after some b!tch who killed you and helped Naraku!"

"Y/n, please," Inuyasha pleaded. You growled and pressed the blade of your dagger into his neck, drawing blood. He winced.

"I'm sorry."

"If you were 'sorry' you'd go apologize to Kagome and stop acting like a lost puppy who just found his owner whenever Kikyo shows up!"

Without giving him a chance to respond, you sheathed your dagger and whirled around, stomping back in the direction towards the well. If it weren't for Kagome, you would've killed him.

Inuyasha's POV (Again)

Inuyasha watched her go, not even caring about the slight pain in his neck.

He knew Y/n was right, but he still loved Kikyo. Surely Kagome wouldn't mind, right?

Oh, who was he kidding? Kagome probably feels awful right now. And to make matters worse, he went and p!$$ed off Y/n while hurting Kagome's feelings at the same time.

But, even so, as he made his way back, he just couldn't help but feel guilty.

(Word count: 697)