Chapter 55

Kagura's POV

"How much longer is this going to take?" Kagura sighed, watching Tsubaki with a bored expression.

"Not much longer." The dark priestess replied, keeping her gaze focused on the gates of the shrine in front of her. Kagura huffed, feeling more impatient as more time passed. She'd much rather be trying to figure out how to free herself from Naraku's grasp right now, but she guessed she'd have to wait for now.

Kagome's POV

After leaving Kirara, Shippo and Miroku with the priestess girls, Kagome, Inuyasha, Sango and Lady Kaede continued forward. She was glad to be getting close to finding and defeating the dark priestess, but she was still worried about Y/n.

Even if they did manage to get rid of Tsubaki, it wouldn't bring them any closer to finding her younger sister. All they knew was that Y/n was with Naraku, but there was no telling when they'd find the devious demon once more.

Inuyasha's POV

By the time they had arrived at the shrine, Tsubaki was nowhere to be seen. However, Inuyasha couldn't help but notice the strong demonic aura that hung in the air; and given the look on Sango's, Kaede's and Kagome's faces, he knew they felt it as well.

Placing his hand on Tessaiga's hilt, he approached the shrine doors cautiously. He wasn't sure what they would find inside, but whatever it might be can't be good.

Kagome's POV (Again)

The demonic aura surrounding the shrine was strong; stronger than Kagone would have expected from a place where priestesses were trained. She could really only assume that part of it was from Tsubaki and the defiled Sacred Jewel, but that can't have been the gist of it. Whatever demon was held in the shrine must've been a strong one.

But, as they approached the shrine doors, they felt a rumble in the ground, almost as if there were an earthquake. However, it wasn't an earthquake, and it instead turned out to be Tsubaki, breaking the shrine down.

The dark priestess had definitely fused with whatever demon had been held inside, for her skin was red and large horns grew out of her forehead. She had large, sharp teeth and her eyes were pure yellow.

"So, you decided to show up," the dark priestess spoke, though it sounded annoyed.

"Yeah, we showed up," Inuyasha growled, flexing his claws. "You got a problem with that?" Tsubaki huffed, now visibly annoyed.

"I have the Sacred Jewel," she stated in a low, annoyed tone. "While this was fun, this ends now!"

And later, it seemed, she wasn’t wrong when she said it was over, but it would end in Kagome and her friends' favor.

Your POV

With the poisonous insect now on its way, Naraku dismissed Kagura and Kanne. Now, it was just you and him in the room, much to your annoyance.

"Are you still mad at me?" Naraku asked suddenly, much to your surprise. You glanced over at him before looking away, not really sure how to respond. Your own thoughts were in turmoil, and you weren't up to trusting your emotions, considering your love for the villain already.

But, you had to admit that you weren't mad at him anymore; honestly, you weren't even mad at Kagura. You could tell from the way she glared at him that the Wind Sorceress despised the man who had created her, so it was only understandable that she didn't like you due to your fondness of him. You could really only hope that you could make amends with her at some point.

"How do you feel about me?" You murmured finally, ignoring his question.

"I love you," Naraku replied, almost immediately. You glanced over at him, searching his expression for any hint of lying, but there was none. You stared at him for a moment longer before looking away from him.

"I see," you hummed, just loud enough for only yourself to hear. But you fell silent afterwards, leaving your feelings towards him unsaid.

(A/N: Hey guys, I want to start this off with an apology. I do truly feel sorry for leaving y'all without a chapter of this for so long, but I'm finally back. I assure you, I will be publishing another chapter of this book sometime this week, and will be writing more often for y'all more often. Thank you all so much for the support on this book and for your patience; have a great day/night!)