Chapter 48

Your POV

Now the group was split up onto two flying animals. You, Kagome, Shippo and Toto-Sai rode Momo the Flying Cow while Sango and Miroku rode Kirara. Currently, all of you were on your way to the Valley of Ryukotsei, the place Toto-Sai sent Inuyasha to make Tessaiga lighter.

Now there was just one small problem, for Myoga had arrived and now rode on your shoulder. He talked about how a demon puppet of Naraku had decayed the fang of Inuyasha's father that kept Ryukotsei dormant, and you couldn't help but worry. If this Ryukotsei demon was really as strong as Myoga says he is, would Inuyasha manage to get out of there alive?

Inuyasha's POV

Inuyasha dodged out of the way of another of Ryukotsei's attacks. He was a little ashamed to it admit it, but, Ryukotsei was giving him more of a difficult time than he had expected. Not too much, of course. Just a little bit.

Inuyasha jumped towards Ryukotsei, trying to stab him. But, the blade of the Tessaiga merely grazed against the demon's skin, and Inuyasha had to jump back to avoid getting hit. Ryukotsei laughed.

"Pity, little man. My skin is harder than armour; you'll never be able to wound me!"

"Is that so?" Inuyasha asked. "Cause in the end you're the one that's gonna end up dead!" Ryukotsei laughed again.

"I like your confidence little man. But let's see how long it lasts!" And just like that, the fight resumed.

Your POV

"So this is the Valley of Ryukotsei, huh?" You murmured to yourself. The whole place was a disaster, with scattered boulders here and there. Many even appeared to be broken. Must be the work of Ryukotsei and Inuyasha's father, you hummed.

However, it didn't take long before all of you found Inuyasha. He was fighting a humongous, dragon-looking demon who you assumed to be Ryukotsei. Just watching the two of them fight made you nervous, you couldn't imagine going down there and trying to stab Ryukotsei. Inuyasha had some guts. Or he was really stupid. Either way, you still admired Inuyasha's bravery.

But, all good things must come to an end, for Ryukotsei managed to land a hit on Inuyasha, sending the half-demon and the Tessaiga away. And unfortunately, the Tessaiga wasn't near Inuyasha, and he transformed.

Kagome's POV

"Inuyasha!" Kagome called out. Y/n placed a hand over her mouth.

"Kagome, hush! We shouldn't alert them that we're here!" Y/n whisper-yelled before uncovering Kagome's mouth.

"But Y/n! Inuyasha needs our help!"

"Kagome, I love you, but if you want to be obliterated for a guy that cheated on you, then be my guest," Y/n sighed. Kagone frowned and looked away. She knew her sister was right, but it just hurt.

"Inuyasha, if you continue to fight like this, you may win, but the Tessaiga will remain as heavy as it was before," Toto-Sai said suddenly. Kagome looked at him.

"Well, let's leave," he stated.

"What?! We can't leave!" Kagome exclaimed. Toto-Sai looked at her.

"I'm afraid to say it, but it's dangerous to stay here," he replied.

"Inuyasha will come through! I just know it!" Kagome insisted. Toto-Sai sighed.

"Fine. But if he kills Ryukotsei without the Tessaiga, we're leaving." Kagome beamed. She was glad to stay, but she hardly believed herself. She didn't know if Inuyasha would come to his senses, she just had to hope.

Inuyasha's POV (Again)

Inuyasha growled. The demon blood in his veins had taken over, but he forced himself over to the Tessaiga. He was aware that Kagome and the rest of his friends were here, but he paid them no mind. It'd be in their best interests if Ryukotsei was unaware of their presence.

He reached out with his right arm and grabbed the hilt of the Tessaiga before drawing it out of the ground. And in that moment, everything became clear. If he could use the Wind Scar, then he could kill Ryukotsei, making the Tessaiga lighter in the process.

Ryukotsei appeared to be getting tired of this song and dance, as he began charging up some attack. His eyes quickly glanced over to his friends, who got out of the way, before returning his gaze to Ryukotsei. He knew this blast of demon energy would be huge, but it'd be a great opportunity for the Wind Scar. He just needed to wait.

Your POV (Again)

Your eyes widened slightly. And without looking, you knew everyone else was shocked as well. Because Inuyasha stayed put, watching as Ryukotsei charged up for his next attack. You overheard Toto-Sai and Kagome talking about something called the Backlash Wave, but you hadn't paid much attention.

Just one thing bugged you. Inuyasha could barely carry the Tessaiga, let alone do the Wind Scar, so how could he possibly master a new technique? But you said nothing. Kagome was scared enough as it was, you didn't want to make it worse for her.

Finally, Ryukotsei shot a huge blast of demon energy that went straight for Inuyasha. Kagome gasped in shock, but you held your gaze as Inuyasha stood still. And right before the blast hit the half-demon, he cut through it with the Tessaiga.

What happened next was a shock to everyone. Ryukotsei's blast backfired on him, and hit him right in the face. Mini tornados formed from the blast, twirling around and cutting Ryukotsei into pieces. The demon roared in outrage, but there was nothing he could do as the tornados chopped him into pieces.

And then it was over. Momo the Cow and Kirara flew down to the ground, allowing everyone to jump off and run to Inuyasha. He looked just as shocked as everyone else.

"You did it Inuyasha!" Kagome exclaimed, throwing her arms around him. "You did the Backlash Wave!"

"The Backlash Wave?" Inuyasha echoed. "That wasn't the Wind Scar?"

"If it was that would've been a very powerful Wind Scar," you hummed. "But no, that was actually the Tessaiga's final technique; the Backlash Wave. You attacked Ryukotsei with his own aura. It worked very well too," you finished, gesturing to the scattered pieces of the demon right before they withered away. Inuyasha looked around as Kagome backed away. And without another word, he lifted the Tessaiga with just one hand.

"Wow, it's even lighter than it was beforehand," Inuyasha exclaimed in awe. He turned and swung the Tessaiga, sending off the Wind Scar. "And I can do the Wind Scar on command! This is amazing!"

With that, he lost all focus on the eight of you. He turned and used the Wind Scar this way and that, completely destroying the place. You, Kagome, Sango, Miroku and Shippo all sighed.

"Come on," Kagome huffed. "Let's get out of here before he completely destroys this place." You hummed in agreement. With that, you all left Inuyasha behind as he continued to use the Wind Scar, oblivious to your leaving.

(A/N: Hey guys, sorry if this chapter is a little off from the episode, I couldn't remember exactly how the episode went. But hey, here's another chapter. Hopefully I'll be writing again soon. Bye!)

(Word count: 1205)