Chapter 25

Your POV

You looked around the castle, trying to find Naraku. He wasn't in his room, so you weren't sure where else he could be.

Finally, you spotted him outside. His back was facing towards you, and his gaze was turned up to the sky. You hesitated, not wanting to interrupt him, but you walked out and sat down beside him anyways.

"Y/n, why did you decide to come with me?" Naraku asked, his gaze still facing towards the sky. You shrugged.

"I don't know. Everything's just... different. Kagome's stronger than she used to be, and has gotten much closer to Inuyasha and everyone else. I suppose it just seemed like she no longer needed me," you sighed. The thought made your eyes water, but you quickly blinked the tears away.

"That can't be it. I am supposed to be your enemy, and yet, you prefer to stay with me," he commented, turning to face you. "Surely there's more to it?"

"Maybe, maybe not," you shrugged. "And if you're lucky, maybe one day I'll tell you. But I'm just not ready," you sighed, shaking your head.

"Do you understand that you could be in danger?" He questioned, narrowing his eyes.

"If you wanted to hurt me, wouldn't you have done so already? Or the last time I was here?" You answered, asking your own questions.

"You're a smart girl, aren't you?" He observed with a small smirk. You glanced away with a small blush.

"I'm going back inside. Are you coming?" Naraku asked, getting to his feet.

"No," you answered, shaking your head. "I'll come back in, in a bit. I just need to clear my head."

"Very well. When you're done, come to my room," he said, stepping back inside. You nodded absent-mindedly, aware that he was already inside. You were curious as to what he wanted, but you took the time to be alone. Afterall, why worry yourself with more questions? You stayed out here to clear your head, and that's exactly what you were going to do.

(A/N: OwO. What could Naraku want? I guess you'll have to wait until I write the next chapter. Which, I might not do until tomorrow, but I'll write it soon, don't worry. I'm not gonna make you wait for too long. Have a nice day/night!)