Chapter 53

Sango's POV

It was dark out, but Sango couldn't care. First they lost Y/n again and now Kagome was put under a curse! Could this day get any worse?!

Her and Miroku were riding on Kirara's back, trying to find the dark priestess who had cursed Kagome. And... there! A hut surrounded by a barrier! That must be where the priestess was hiding.

However, when they tried to enter, they were forced back by the barrier. Sango and Miroku looked at each other in surprise, but what they found below them was much more surprising.

Kikyo; the same one who had died fifty years ago just to be resurrected. What was she doing here? And although the wandering priestess looked up at them, she paid them no mind before walking into the barrier and towards the hut.

Once more Miroku and Sango were surprised. They knew she was a powerful priestess, but why exactly would she want to help save Kagome? Or, did this have something to do with Inuyasha?

Tsubaki's POV

"You're more evil than I thought, Naraku," Tsubaki stated, staring down at the tainted Shikon Jewel. However, when they puppet didn't respond she turned to look at him.

But, much to her surprise, there stood her over fifty year-long rival: Kikyo. She whirled around in shock; how was Kikyo still alive?! She should've been dead!

"K-kikyo?" She stammered in shock.

"Tsubaki, still placing curses?" Kikyo hummed. But she didn't give the dark priestess a chance to respond before continuing. "You may do what you like with Kagome, but if you hurt Inuyasha I will personally kill you myself."

"Oh but Kikyo, Kagome will kill him," Tsubaki assured. "She is under my curse afterall." Kikyo narrowed her eyes.

"Kagome is stronger than you think," the priestess warned. "Do not take her powers for granted."

Tsubaki narrowed her eyes. Should she trust her rival so easily? But... if what she heard was true, and Kagome truly is the reincarnation of Kikyo, maybe this won't be quite as easy as she originally thought.

Inuyasha's POV

"Kagome," he murmured, walking towards her. Kagome kept her arrow aimed towards him, but she was shaking.

"Inuyasha... run," she urged him once more, but he kept walking towards her. That's when she let the first arrow fly, but luckily he was quick enough to dodge out of the way.

Kagome nocked another arrow. Only after a moments hesitation she let go of the string; however, it was aimed slightly more to the left, so it barely grazed past his arm. And after that, Kagome collapsed into his arms.

"K-kagome, are you okay?" Inuyasha asked, concerned.

"There's a... Jewel shard... nearby," Kagome responded. "Take me there... please."

"But-!" He tried to protest, but Kagome cut him off.

"Please," she begged. He frowned, not wanting to put her in danger, but figured that there was no other way. He sighed reluctantly before helping her onto his back.

"Okay Kagome, let's go."

Kagome's POV

Kagome clutched onto Inuyasha's kimono tightly. And although she knew it wasn't her fault, she was upset with herself; she nearly killed Inuyasha!

But, as Inuyasha brought her outside the only thing she could think about was her younger sister, Y/n. How was she doing? Where was she? With Naraku?

Kagome cringed at the thought, but it was the only reasonable explanation. It must've been Naraku who alerted the dark priestess to her and Y/n, so her sister must be with that despicable demon.