Chapter 5

Your POV

You sighed, fully aware of your exhaustion. The fight with the Thunder Brothers had left you bruised and bleeding, but you refused to stay back with Kaede, so Inuyasha once more carried you on his back.

Shippo was now traveling with the three of you, which slightly annoyed Inuyasha, but it was to be expected.

The four of you didn't have a set destination in mind, but a small village was coming into sight so you all agreed to stop there.

(Some time later)

You all got to the village, surprised to find a monk in a black and purple kimono.

Although you and Shippo didn't care for him, Kagome sensed that he had some Jewel shards and Inuyasha was very keen on getting them from the monk.

Well, something's gonna happen...

(Some more time later)

The four of you found out that the monk's name was Miroku, and he has a hole on his right hand that he calls the 'Wind Tunnel.' Apparently he had gotten it from his father, and grandfather before him, from a very powerful demon known as Naraku.

Hearing about the demon, you kinda just zoned out and didn't pay attention to what was being said. After all, if he was powerful enough to do something like that, you feared what would happen if the four of you ever encountered him.

But as you continued to think, you didn't care all that much for Miroku. Sure, it was sad that he had to deal with this curse, but you didn't appreciate the fact that he was literally touching Kagome.

You snapped back into reality very quickly and gave him a very powerful left-hook with a snarl. To which he was rubbing his cheek and Inuyasha gave you a nod of approval and Shippo gave you a high-five.

But, however, the five of you would now be working together.

Naraku's POV

Naraku couldn't help but smirk. He honestly wasn't expecting that, so it was a little amusing to say the least.

Now he knew for sure Y/n would be useful to him. He just needed to wait...