Chapter 10

Sango's POV

"Demon slayer! It is time!"

Sango heard the shout of the villager and walked out, Hiraikotsu in hand.

The demon was merely a giant Centipede, and she killed it with ease. To her surprise, however, a shard of the Shikon Jewel fell to the ground.

As she picked it up she called out, "I must be going now."

"But, we have to repay you!" A male villager called.

"This shard is payment enough," Sango answered, her voice slightly muffled by her mask as she looked down at the shard. "Besides, the Jewel originated from my village."

And with that, she began to make her way back home.

Your POV

You walked alongside Kagome, completely zoned out.

It had been a while since Royakan had attacked, and you had learned a few things after waking up.

Apparently, the demon called Naraku was behind the attack from Royakan, and Inuyasha, Kagome, Shippo, Miroku and Kaede had faced him.

From what you were told, he had a spider shaped burn mark on his back, and Inuyasha could've sworn that the demon had kept glancing at you.

The thought made you shutter. Just what could Naraku want from you? Sure, Inuyasha wasn't completely positive, and Kagome, Shippo and Miroku said nothing about it, but it still worried you.

Afterwards, your thoughts shifted to a couple days before, when they had figured out that Kikyo was still alive.

You didn't like the priestess much, but you pushed all thoughts of her and Naraku to the back of your mind and settled back into focus. Now wasn't the time to be zoning out. Afterall, the five of you had found out about a village of demon slayers, and now you all were on your way to find it.

Naraku's POV

Naraku smirked at Sango's willingness to exterminate Inuyasha, and immediately called for two horses.

While on their search, he answered her questions about Inuyasha, but spoke none of his companions.

She didn't need to know. Plus, he wanted to deal with them on his own. Well... He only wanted Y/n. He couldn't care for the rest. He'd find some way to get her now, he just knew it.

He smirked. Everything was going just as he intended it to.

Your POV (Again)

After burying everyone from the village, the five of you set off again. Myoga gave you some information, but not very much.

However, you were all surprised when a young woman appeared, glaring daggers at Inuyasha.

"You're Inuyasha!" She exclaimed. "You'll pay for killing my village!"

Inuyasha tried to calm her down and explain it wasn't him, but she didn't appear to be listening as she tossed her boomerang at him, though she seemed very frail.

You weren't paying much attention, Inuyasha could handle this himself. You huffed, hoping for something more interesting.

Your wish was granted, however, when you saw a flash of white in the trees.

"Kagome," you whispered to your sister. "I'm gonna go explore a bit."

"Alright," Kagome answered, though she seemed very hesitant. "Don't go far."

You nodded and backed away, heading towards the trees. You wanted to find out what it was that you saw.

Under the cover of the forest, you relaxed slightly. The branches swayed gently, their leaves dancing in the wind. Sunlight filtered down through the canopy, illuminating the forest floor.

You walked forward, going in ever so slightly deeper into the forest. But, your relaxed form grew tense when you heard a deep voice from behind you.

"Y/n, I've been waiting for this moment to finally meet you."

You spun around, hand gripping the hilt of your dagger slightly. The newcomer wore a baboon outfit, and laughed ever so slightly at your fear.

"You- Who are you?" You questioned, flinching from the fear in your voice.

"There's no need to be afraid, I'm not here to harm you," the newcomer soothed, though you still remained reluctant.

Suddenly, you knew who this was. You remembered what Inuyasha had told you, and your body tensed up completely.

"You- Y-you're Naraku," you stammered, taking a step back with wide, fearful eyes.

Naraku smirked. "You're a smart girl, aren't you?" He mused, but still he made no move towards you.

You stared at him, frozen. You suddenly heard Kagome, Inuyasha, Miroku and Shippo calling for you, but you couldn't move. You also recgonized the young woman's voice as well, calling for you, though she seemed a little hesitant.

Naraku looked over his shoulder, though he said nothing. Suddenly, he darted towards you, grabbing you in his arms.

You yelped, now having control of your body again. But before you knew what was happening, you fell unconscious.

Kagome's POV

"Y/n!" She called, fear making her voice high-pitched.

Inuyasha sniffed around, before stopping with a gasp.

"What is it?" Kagome murmured, her voice getting caught in her throat. She gulped, waiting to hear Inuyasha's response. Sango shifted uncomfortably behind her, while Miroku and Shippo stood with their breathe held.

"It's Y/n," Inuyasha breathed. "She's been taken by Naraku."