Chapter 24

Sesshomaru's POV

"Jaken, what are you doing?" Sesshomaru asked, coming up behind the imp.

"L-Lord Sesshomaru!" Jaken exclaimed, turning around and bowing. Sesshomaru looked past him.

"It appears that Toto-Sai has left," Sesshomaru observed, narrowing his eyes. "Come on Jaken," he ordered, turning around and walking.

"C-coming Lord Sesshomaru!"

Kagome's POV

Kagome trailed behind Inuyasha, head bowed. Everyone was quiet, supposedly to not agitate her.

But why would Y/n go with Naraku willingly? Did he put a spell on her? Or did she somehow have a Jewel shard embedded in her back, like Sango?

She decided against it, telling herself that she would've sensed the Jewel shard. So then why?

Suddenly, a loud 'moo' sounded behind them. Then, an old man riding a three-eyed cow and carrying a hammer appeared.

"Are you Inuyasha?" He asked, answered by a huff from Inuyasha.

"Lord Inuyasha, this is Toto-Sai. He is the one that forged the great Tessaiga," Myoga introduced, hopping on Inuyasha's shoulder.

"Really? So this old-fart forged the Tessaiga?" Inuyasha huffed, eyeing Toto-Sai.

"I did indeed forge the Tessaiga. Myoga here said you used its full power," Toto-Sai commented, climbing off the cow. Inuyasha huffed again.

"Draw your sword Inuyasha," Toto-Sai... Ordered? It seemed like an order, but it was hard to tell.

Inuyasha growled slightly before drawing the Tessaiga. He didn't enjoy taking orders from anyone.

"Toto-Sai, can you teach Inuyasha how to use its full power?" Kagome asked, stepping forward.

"It's not something I can teach," he began, turning to face her. "It's something he must learn for himself," he finished turning back to Inuyasha. The half-demon growled, but there was no more time for talking.

Toto-Sai suddenly fled behind Inuyasha, and Sesshomaru appeared.

"Toto-Sai, do you really refuse to make me my new sword?" Sesshomaru questioned, narrowing his eyes.

"Yes," the old man replied immediately, peaking out from behind Inuyasha before hiding himself again.

Sesshomaru took a step forward, clearly intending to kill Toto-Sai.

"Hey Sesshomaru! How about you leave this old-fart alone and fight me instead?" Inuyasha snapped, facing Tessaiga towards his brother.

Sesshomaru narrowed his eyes, but did not respond. Instead, he merely charged forward, attacking Inuyasha in the process. Kagome rolled her eyes. Of course they ended up fighting.

(After the battle)

In the end, Toto-Sai sent Sesshomaru packing. The old man complained how Inuyasha was recklessly swinging the Tessaiga around, declaring that the sword would be better off as scrap-metal.

Inuyasha, however, threatened to kill Toto-Sai if he even dared to touch it.

However, Toto-Sai began to leave. Kagome caught up to Inuyasha as he walked away, everyone else following closely behind.

"Why won't you go after him? He can help you learn to use the Tessaiga!" Kagome exclaimed, grabbing onto the sleeve of Inuyasha's kimono. He shrugged her off.

"I don't need him," he growled. "He'd only waste my time." Kagome sighed. There'd be no reasoning with Inuyasha now. He'd made up his mind.

Then, the pounding of hooves sounded behind them. When they turned to look, they saw Toto-Sai and his cow running straight to them. Kagome's eyes widened. Him coming back could only mean one thing.

Yup, there he was. Sesshomaru appeared a little farther back from Toto-Sai, running towards them. Inuyasha unsheathed the Tessaiga, and the two brothers began to fight once more.

"He's using a dragon's claw," Kagome heard Sango exclaim from behind her.

"Is that a bad thing?" Kagome asked, worry filling her gaze.

"A very bad thing," Sango answered, nodding. "Dragons are much stronger than normal demons."

Inuyasha's POV

"Dragons are much stronger than normal demons," he heard Sango explain to Kagome. Inuyasha gritted his teeth.

"Dragon claw or not, I'll just chop it off again! I've already taken a good chunk out of his arm," Inuyasha sneered, smirking. Sesshomaru narrowed his eyes and came again, slashing at the Tessaiga.

Wait a minute, Inuyasha narrowed his eyes. He's fighting with the Tessaiga! Not me! He realized, eyes widening.

Inuyasha growled. As Sesshomaru hit the sword again, he moved it slightly out of the way, so instead Sesshomaru's poisonous claws hit him instead.

"Fool. You'd really take the hit for a sword?" Sesshomaru narrowed his eyes and shoved Inuyasha away.

Inuyasha growled. Damn it! He cursed, rubbing his eyes.

Looking at where Sesshomaru should be, he saw something strange. The Wind Scar! He realized. Inuyasha smirked. And there's the fissure! I just need to hit it!

Inuyasha swung the Tessaiga, breaking right through the fissure. He wasn't fully sure what had happened, but he could feel the power from it, and Sesshomaru had disappeared.

(Some time later)

Inuyasha washed the poison from his eyes and turned to face Toto-Sai.

"There, see? I used the Wind Scar to defeat Sesshomaru," Inuyasha huffed, rising to his feet.

"You did indeed use the Wind Scar, but you didn't defeat Sesshomaru," Toto-Sai replied, scratching his head.

"What? How could he have survived from a direct hit?" Sango exclaimed, her eyes widening in surprise.

"I didn't see it make a direct hit. Did you?" Toto-Sai huffed, turning first to Sango then back to Inuyasha.

"I'm not sure, I was blinded," Inuyasha answered. "I could just feel the power and then Sesshomaru was gone."

Toto-Sai didn't respond, merely handing the Tessaiga to Inuyasha.

"There, I've got it to perfect sharpness," he said, watching as Inuyasha put the sword back in its sheath. With that said, Toto-Sai left. Inuyasha watched him leave. Maybe now, knowing how to use the Wind Scar, they could defeat Naraku and get Y/n back safely.