Chapter 23

Your POV

Your eyes fluttered open, though you were unaware that you had slept. You found yourself back in the dark and empty room in Naraku's castle, and your mind filled with confusion.

Suddenly, it all came flooding back. The miasma, the Illusory Death. Naraku was there, and you had followed him.

You sat up. But that still didn't answer when you had fallen asleep. Sighing, you shrugged it off. Why did it matter? You were here now.

While you were thinking, the door opened, and Naraku stepped in.

"Did you get more Jewel shards?" You asked, feeling the powerful wave of the Jewel coming off him.

"Kikyo gave them to me. She stole them from Kagome," he explained, shutting the door behind him.

"What? Why? Didn't she protect the Jewel while she was alive?" You questioned, confused.

Naraku ignored your questions and walked forward until he was standing right in front of you. You stared up at him, eyes wide.

"That day, when I got my new body. You covered your face, why?" He asked, sitting down so he could face you directly.

The thought made you blush, and you turned away.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about," you stammered with an awkward laugh.

"Don't play dumb, Y/n. You know what I'm talking about," Naraku murmured, grabbing your chin and turning your head until you faced him. Your shoulders stiffened.

"Yes, I do know what you're talking about," you sighed.

"So then why?"

"It was just unexpected, that's all," you huffed. Naraku narrowed his eyes for a moment, but nodded.

"Very well. If you need me, I shall be in my room," he said, rising to his feet. You glanced up at him and nodded.

Without another word, Naraku walked out of the room, closing the door behind him.

As his footsteps receded, you sighed in relief. What you told him was only half the truth. The full truth was for you to know, and for him to hopefully not find out. Afterall, he was a demon. Why would it matter if you had fallen in love with him?

Naraku's POV

Naraku walked back to his room, ignoring the servants as they tried to talk to him. He had no reason to talk to those pathetic mortals. Besides, he needed some time to think.

Y/n was acting weird. What she told him wasn't the full truth, was it?

Naraku narrowed his eyes. He'd need to keep a close eye on her. There was something that she wasn't telling him, and he'd figure it out.