Chapter 27

Kagome's POV

Kagome glanced around, eyes wide. Along with slain villagers, a pack of wolves surrounded them. Inuyasha growled in irritation before killing a few of the wolves, which ended up with them howling for their leader.

Suddenly, a young male appeared out of a small tornado, skidding along the ground. He glanced at the wolves before turning to Inuyasha with a glare.

"So you're the one that's slaughtering my wolves. I'll make you pay for that mutt-face," he growled.

"'Mutt-face?'" Inuyasha echoed, a growl deep in his throat.

"Sorry, that'd be an insult to canines. You smell much worse," the wolf man sneered, causing Inuyasha to bare his teeth and lunge forward with the Tessaiga.

Inuyasha's POV

Inuyasha lunged with the Tessaiga, only to find that the wolf demon had dodged out of the way.

He glanced around, anger glittering in his gaze. The wolf demon was certainly fast, attacking faster than Inuyasha could dodge.

In the end, Inuyasha decided to try and use the Wind Scar. Afterall, this demon was getting on his nerves, and normal attacks wouldn't do much.

As the wolf demon stood in front of him, Inuyasha concentrated. A whirl of dark energy from the wolf demon mixed with his own, merging together to create a fissure. All he needed to do was slash through the fissure with the Tessaiga, and this battle would be over.

To his dismay, however, the wolf demon seemed to sense that something was up and retreated, the pack of wolves following close behind him.

Inuyasha growled, sheathing the Tessaia as Kagome came up behind him.

"That demon had three Jewel shards. One in each leg and one in his right arm," she explained, staring at the spot where the wolf demon had stood.

"Now you tell me," Inuyasha huffed. "Let's get going," he ordered, glancing back at Miroku, Sango and Shippo. They gave him a curt nod, and together they began to follow the wolf demon's trail.

Kagome's POV (Again)

Here they were in the mountains, following the wolf demon's trail.

Kagome walked behind Inuyasha, Shippo holding on to her shoulder. Suddenly, they heard barking and three wolves came running down the mountain, running into Inuyasha and knocking him off.

Before she could do anything, Kagome was grabbed and whisked away, being brought farther and farther from her friends.

Opening her eyes, she realized it was the wolf demon and let out a scream. He looked down at her and gave her a smirk.

"You're mine now. What's your name?" He asked, jumping off onto a ledge.

"What's your name?" Kagome shot back, glaring at him. He let out a small chuckle before answering.

"I'm Koga. Leader of the wolf demon tribe," he announced, jumping onto another ledge.

"I'm Kagome," Kagome murmured, just loud enough for him to hear.

Koga said nothing and kept running. Well, at least before they were stopped.

Kagome looked up at the giant birds, eyes wide. "What are those things?" She breathed.

"They called themselves the 'Birds of Paradise,'" Koga responded, a growl rumbling deep in his throat. "Look, do any these birds have a Jewel shard?" He asked, glancing up at them.

Kagome looked at each one, but the power of a Jewel shard wasn't present. "No," Kagome responded, shaking her head.

"Then I don't have time for them," Koga huffed, running forward again.

Before they managed to get very far a Bird of Paradise swooped down, aiming at Koga. The wolf demon, however, merely knocked it away, shouting, "Outta the way Birdbrain! I don't have time for you."

With that all said and done, Koga continued on his way.

Inuyasha's POV

Inuyasha crossed his arms, impatient. Sango had flown ahead with Kirara, to see if they could catch up to Kagome and the wolf demon.

Miroku came up beside Inuyasha, his gaze fixed on the sky.

"Inuyasha, can you sense it as well?" He asked. Inuyasha glanced at him.

"Sense what?" The half-demon huffed, eyes glittering with impatience.

"There's a foreboding aura in this place," Miroku responded, glancing around. Inuyasha huffed again, but before the conversation could continue, Sango returned.

She jumped off as soon as Kirara landed, and Inuyasha and Miroku ran up to her.

"So?" Inuyasha questioned.

"I nearly caught up with them," Sango began. "But I ran into some heavy interference. Follow me," she ordered, turning around and walking in the direction she had come. Inuyasha and Miroku glanced at each other before following.

(A little time and walking later)

Bodies of dead demon birds littered the mountain, deep gouges from where Sango's Hiraikotsu injured them.

Inuyasha glanced around at the bodies before letting out a growl. He didn't have time for this.

"Come one," he ordered, walking forward. "Let's go save Kagome and teach that sorry excuse for a wolf what for."

Your POV

"She was kidnapped by wolves?" You asked, surprised. Naraku gave a slight nod, but said nothing. You glanced away, concern filling your gaze.

She's fine, you told yourself. She has Inuyasha and everyone else to save her. Besides, you huffed. She's gotten much stronger.

You laid down on your back, staring up at the ceiling. Kagome would be safe. Inuyasha would save her, he always did. So then why did you feel guilty?