Chapter 17

(Season 2)

Kagome's POV

Kagome fanned the fumes, covering her mouth with a mask. She was helping Sango rid of a demon.

"It's done Kagome! You can stop now." Sango called. Kagome sighed in relief. Finally.

(A little bit of time later)

"Where'd Miroku go?" Kagome asked Shippo, patting Inuyasha on the back.

"He followed after some lady," he told her, looking down at Inuyasha as Kagome and Sango sighed.

"Of course he did," Kagome huffed, rolling her eyes. "Well, I guess all we can do is wait for him."

(The next day)

"Inuyasha, we have to go find him! He could be in trouble!" Kagome exclaimed, grabbing onto the sleeve of Inuyasha's kimono.

"Alright alright. Let's go," Inuyasha huffed, turning around so Kagome could climb onto his back. Shippo joined Sango on Kirara's back, and together the group went off to find their lost friend.

(Later that day)

Kagome watched as Inuyasha jumped down in front of Miroku, surprising the monk. As they talked, Kagome looked down at Myoga.

"How do we stop this?"

"We need to find the worm charmer and take his bottle. If we put it next to the monk, it'll leave his body," Myoga explained.

"Got it. Let's go Sango!" Kagome ordered, turning to the demon-slayer.

"Right," she said with a curt nod. Together, the two of them began to look for the charmer.

Inuyasha's POV

Miroku huffed behind him, a horde of demons in front. Inuyasha glared back at the monk before turning his gaze to the demons.

He needed to protect Miroku. With a small growl Inuyasha slashed at the demons with the Tessaiga, surprised when he managed to kill them all with one stroke.

This is what Sesshomaru was talking about, Inuyasha blinked. The true power of the Tessaiga.

He shook away the thought. That didn't matter at the moment. He rushed forward, shoving the monk to the ground and luckily managing to knock him out.

Inuyasha backed away with a huff, watching as Shippo placed a bottle near the monk.

Smoke emerged from the monk's mouth and went into the bottle, only to be sealed shut by Kagome.

Well, at least that was over. All that was left was for Miroku to get better.

Your POV

"Is he okay?" You asked, hearing what Naraku had said about Miroku. He shot you a look of surprise.

"I thought you didn't like him," Naraku commented, ever so slightly cocking his head to the side.

"Just because I don't like him doesn't mean I want him dead," you huffed, glancing away.

"Very well then. The monk is fine," he told you, anger flashing in his gaze before disappearing.

"What about everyone else?" You questioned, walking over to sit beside him.

"They're fine. Though I suppose you were mainly asking about Kagome, correct?"

"Mostly, yes," you sighed. Naraku merely responded with a hum. Well, at least your friends were okay.