Chapter 21

Naraku's POV

Kikyo was in front of him, bowing. The guards had left at his command, leaving him and the priestess alone.

Naraku narrowed his eyes. Maybe he could use this to his advantage.

Your POV

"Raining demons?" Kagome asked.

"Yes. Ruining our crops," the villager said. "There's also the poisonous gas. Young, old, weak- several have fallen ill."

Poisonous gas, eh? You narrowed your eyes. You knew exactly what it was and who it was from. You spent too long with him for you to not know. This was about to get interesting.

"So we're helping again, huh? Have you guys forgotten about Naraku?" Inuyasha huffed, causing you to wince.

"No one has forgotten about him, Inuyasha. But we can't let the villagers live like this," Miroku explained. Inuyasha huffed again.

The eight of you trudged up the mountain, the miasma getting thicker the higher you went.

You held your head down, not wanting anyone to catch your eye. You were secretly hoping to see Naraku again. His presence was natural to you now, and you missed not having him around. Sure you had missed your sister, but things seemed different now. Not only had she gotten stronger, but she was far closer to Inuyasha and the others than you. Maybe you shouldn't have run away from Naraku like you did.

Suddenly, an opening in the mountain yawned in front of you. You unsheathed your dagger and ran into it without a moment's hesitation, ignoring Kagome's frantic calls. If Naraku's nearby, I want to be the first to see him!

(Later)

Kikyo shot an arrow which bounced off the Tessaiga and broke the spell.

The demon, along with you, Inuyasha, Kikyo and Kagome flew upwards, out of the mountain.

Inuyasha grabbed onto you and Kagome, glancing over at Kikyo.

There Naraku stood, watching as the demon aimed to attack him. However, it merely merged with him, creating a new body for the demon.

Your eyes widened. That part didn't bother you. What bothered you was the fact that he was freaking naked. You immediately covered your face.

You toned out everything else, unaware that he had left until you, Kagome and Inuyasha were safely back with the rest of the group.

Huffing, you held back as Inuyasha and Kagome explained what happened. Your face grew warm. You weren't expecting that.

Naraku's POV (Again)

Naraku sat beside Kikyo, the priestess calmly sleeping. He narrowed his eyes. Y/n had been there, though she had said nothing throughout it all.

He did, however, notice when she covered her face. Was something wrong? He huffed. He'd worry about that later. For now, he'd have to deal with Kikyo.