Chapter 20

Your POV

"A medicinal herb?" Kagome echoed.

"Yes," Myoga responded, nodding.

"Well? Why are we waiting?" You huffed, crossing your arms.

"Y/n's right. You guys go get the herb, and I'll stay here with Miroku, Sango and Kirara," Shippo told them.

Inuyasha huffed. "Alright. Let's get going."

(Some time later)

You walked behind Kagome, who walked beside Inuyasha. You held back some, not wanting to interfere with their conversation. Besides, you told yourself, I just need to wrap my head around things again.

It felt weird being near the group again. You had gotten used to Naraku's company, and eventually Kohaku's.

"Hey kid, you okay back there?" Inuyasha asked, glancing back at you. You nodded and hurried to catch up with them.

(More time later)

You and Kagome stayed back with Jimenji and his mother while Inuyasha went off to kill the flesh-eating demon.

Kagome helped Jinenji a lot in the fields, while you stayed in the hut, alone with your thoughts.

Kagome managed to injure Naraku. She's gotten stronger, you narrowed your eyes, vaguely aware when Kagome, Jinenji and his mother came inside. But he wouldn't have been injured in the slightest from me merely hitting him. So why? Why did he allow me to leave? Or did he know he'd get me back?

The sound of angry men forced you back into reality. Unsheathing your dagger, you ran out of the hut, closely followed by Kagome and Jinenji's mother.

You blinked. Sheathing your dagger, you backed away. This isn't our fight, you huffed, catching Kagome's eye, hoping she'd understand.

(Some time later)

Inuyasha stood in front of you and Kagome, Jinenji fighting with the flesh-eating demon. In the end, the gentle half-demon ended up ripping the flesh-eater apart and giving healing herbs to the villagers.

You smiled softly. Inuyasha and Kagome spoke to Jinenji and his mother a bit before the three of you headed home.

(Back home)

"Here Kirara," Kagome spoke softly, gently feeding the herbs to her. The cat demon slowly rose to her paws, shaky at first.

Sango pulled Kirara into her arms, smiling. You and Kagome smiled as well. Things were taking a turn for the better.