Chapter 3

Your POV

You watched from above, paying close attention. Not even when Inuyasha and Kagome came over did you avert your attention.

You knew Sesshomaru couldn't pull the sword out, but you weren't sure when was a good time to say so.

You mentally sighed and turned to Inuyasha.

"I'm going to distract them so you can make a break for the sword," you explained.

"What?!" He whisper-yelled. "Are you insane? Sesshomaru's not going to show you any mercy, ya'know," he growled. You rolled your eyes. You knew that, but what else was there to do?

With a small nod to Inuyasha and Kagome you jumped down, the dagger held firmly in your grip.

"So, you decided to follow us," Sesshomaru mused, turning to look at you. You glared at him, but made no move.

"You're brave," he murmured, narrowing his eyes. Still, you made no move.

Sesshomaru let out a huff, clearly annoyed now. Jaken backed away, but he sent you a glance that very clearly said 'You're dead.'

You smirked, surprising both Jakem and Sesshomaru. The initial shock didn't last very long, however, and Sesshomaru lunged forward to attack.

You barely dodged out of the way, your eyes widening in surprise. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all...

Kagome's POV

Kagome watched fearfully, glancing back between Inuyasha and Y/n and Sesshomaru. She knew her sister could take care of herself, but Sesshomaru was a full demon unlike Inuyasha. And much stronger than Mistress Centipede and Yura of the Hair.

A sudden scream caught her off guard, and her gaze dashed back to Y/n and Sesshomaru.

Her eyes widened by what she saw; Y/n was sprawled on the floor, a deep cut in her shoulder. Sesshomaru glared down at her, but made no move to finish her off.

Anger and fear boiled up in Kagome, and she jumped down from her hiding spot and ran to her sister.

She hugged the girl tightly, giving a look of pure hatred to Sesshomaru.

The demon scoffed, clearly unimpressed. He must've expected more from Y/n...

Your POV (Again)

Kagome's arms were wrapped tightly around you, giving you a big hug. It was comforting, to say the least, but the wound in your shoulder was very painful.

You glanced back to Inuyasha, seeing him struggle to pull the sword out.

At least he can grab it, you thought. It gave you some hope, knowing that Inuyasha can actually touch the sword, unlike Sesshomaru.

But the sense of hope didn't last long. As blood continued to pour out of your wound, you eventually faded out of consciousness.